Legal Help for Items bought from this site Please

Wayne R

Not right of them to back out of the deal like that, but if they are offering a full refund consider taking it. Doesn't sound like it's worth the hassle of fighting for it...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a word with the guys mom. He is under 21 but not far off. She is throwing it in my face that she didn't give him permission but in speaking to his Aunt who owns the courier company as well as a Whatsapp message from him (saying that someone did offer more for the bike) I know they have found a buyer who has agreed to pay more. My gripe is that all of this has happened after it was negotiated and paid for. They will not even allow me to arrange my own courier. Is this grounds for theft if I have paid and they will not send (regardless of his age).

Thanks Guys

Oh, and the advert link is

http://www.thehubsa....axis-road-bike/

Go rate him as a seller right now....bad form from the young'un...hope mommy can bail him out for the rest of this life. :thumbdown:

I agree, get someone from the local cop shop to listed to what happened and then go make a visit.

G

Ish .. he laid out the terms and you accepted .... in fact he asks that the buyer please help him out.... would like to know the full story behind the story why it was an urgent sale.

21 years old and still answering to mommy .... not cool!

Sorry Wayne R... seems like you are getting shafted, it would be interesting to see if their attitude changes if you threaten to report this as stolen to the police.

You got a pic for us Wayne? I'm just curious, cause that seems like a really good deal.

6spd ? old bike no?

1cm dent, will surely cause a drop in price. still a good deal, but not like open for all to see

Unethical for sure and flies in the face of good business practice , but how is it theft if the seller is returning the money paid.

I sent his mom a message saying that I will arrange a collection at my cost or lay a charge against him. She kakked me out and told me not to threaten her. She said that I went into a deal knowing he was a minor. I did not know this. Nowhere on his Hub profile or on his Whatsapp does it give his age.

Feeling properly shafted here. :(

why not just accept your money back and look for another deal? end of problem, its not like they took your money and dont want to give it back! i would rate him negatively, take back your money, smile and wave and move on

I sent his mom a message saying that I will arrange a collection at my cost or lay a charge against him. She kakked me out and told me not to threaten her. She said that I went into a deal knowing he was a minor. I did not know this. Nowhere on his Hub profile or on his Whatsapp does it give his age.

Just a Whatsapp pic of a guy who looks like he is in his 20's

I've just had a word with the guys mom. He is under 21 but not far off. She is throwing it in my face that she didn't give him permission but in speaking to his Aunt who owns the courier company as well as a Whatsapp message from him (saying that someone did offer more for the bike) I know they have found a buyer who has agreed to pay more. My gripe is that all of this has happened after it was negotiated and paid for. They will not even allow me to arrange my own courier. Is this grounds for theft if I have paid and they will not send (regardless of his age).

Thanks Guys

Oh, and the advert link is

http://www.thehubsa....axis-road-bike/

I whatsapp'd the seller on this ad too (27 Jan) wanting to buy it. His response was: "Yes ! Sorry boet the bikes already been paid for hey ! Sorry man !"

Pity that the mom is getting involved and making his name p00, as my brief dealings with him seemed all legit - that was just after you posted your SOLD comment on the ad, so I can only assume you and him came to agreement.

why not just accept your money back and look for another deal? end of problem, its not like they took your money and dont want to give it back! i would rate him negatively, take back your money, smile and wave and move on

Because I was buying the bike to break up and use parts for a fixie I am building. All the spare parts that I did'nt use were going to a another bike I was going to give to a friend who cant afford a bike but wants to build himself a cheapie.

It was going to save me money and a heck load of time to go and find all the individual parts

didn't know a ±20 year old is considered a minor