First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff! Now it seems everyone suddenly wants to work together. I'm truly glad to hear that.

I know! Me too.

Great stuff! Now it seems everyone suddenly wants to work together. I'm truly glad to hear that.

"Seems" so, but lets see how far the about-turn goes. Nothing that hasnt happened before.

But anyone riding today round 3?

Guest Omega Man

"Seems" so, but lets see how far the about-turn goes. Nothing that hasnt happened before.

But anyone riding today round 3?

There's has been no about turn. Not Vince, Johno, Richard or myself (The chief protagonists behind this) have said we want this guy or that guy gone. Besides, like you we only have one vote each so even if we wanted someone gone the very worst we could do is not vote for them at the AGM. Are we canvasing certain individuals? Yes. But you might be very surprised at who we have in mind for the posts. This is not about ego's, buddies and control. This is about the trails.

Please. Everybody reading this think about that for a minute. You might offend your mate and hurt his feelings for a few days cos you didn't vote for him but this is bigger than your mate. This about getting the people that are most capable of delivering the best trails possible at Tokai.

All of what is happening is a good thing. It's going to legitimize TokaiMTB and hopefully gain the popular support of the riders that it desperately needs to be a success.

There is no hidden agenda that you Myles etc allude to. Our agenda is plain and simple. We want good trails in Tokai. And part of that process is for TokaiMTB to become a legitimate body with more than 4 members. And even within the constraints of Sanparks and the existing trail network we believe that good trails are more than possible. Note I didn't mention any new trail. I specifically said existing trail network.

Take a read at the article below. You can gleam from the article that there is political as well as financial will to make cycling tourism a big money spinner for SA.

http://www.iol.co.za...-cape-1.1535101

Edited by Omega Man

There's has been no about turn. Not Vince, Johno, Richard or myself (The chief protagonists behind this) have said we want this guy or that guy gone. Besides, like you we only have one vote each so even if we wanted someone gone the very worst we could do is not vote for them at the AGM. Are we canvasing certain individuals? Yes. But you might be very surprised at who we have in mind for the posts. This is not about ego's, buddies and control. This is about the trails.

Please. Everybody reading this think about that for a minute. You might offend your mate and hurt his feelings for a few days cos you didn't vote for him but this is bigger than your mate. This about getting the people that are most capable of delivering the best trails possible at Tokai.

All of what is happening is a good thing. It's going to legitimize TokaiMTB and hopefully gain the popular support of the riders that it desperately needs to be a success.

There is no hidden agenda that you Myles etc allude to. Our agenda is plain and simple. We want good trails in Tokai. And part of that process is for TokaiMTB to become a legitimate body with more than 4 members. And even within the constraints of Sanparks and the existing trail network we believe that good trails are more than possible. Note I didn't mention any new trail. I specifically said existing trail network.

Take a read at the article below. You can gleam from the article that there is political as well as financial will to make cycling tourism a big money spinner for SA.

http://www.iol.co.za...-cape-1.1535101

http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20140128/gifs_18.gif

errm in future, quote me or my intentions correctly: i'm squeaking against the blatant antagonism directed at Deon and the volunteers. That agenda crap is all your own doing.

Edited by Capricorn

Guest Omega Man

I apologize if I've offended you in any way shape or form by my previous post.

I simply meant to convey the message that our agenda is simply good trails and that we should all be happy about what is happening. We all have a single vote so we are all equal in this.

Guest OldFlow

errm in future, quote me or my intentions correctly: i'm squeaking against the blatant antagonism directed at Deon and the volunteers. That agenda crap is all your own doing.

Reading his post, I don't see that Duane quoted you or poked any guesses at your intentions. If you read our posts, I also cannot find the antagonism you refer to. There has been quite a bit of anger and bitterness in response to some of our posts from a tiny handful, which I still don't understand. We're growing the committee and adding some new faces, not asking for Deon's removal. We have zero control over who people nominate and vote for. Would it soften some attitudes here if I were to tell you that one of our proposed nominees is in fact Deon? If you knew who our other nominees include, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.....

Edited by OldFlow

Reading his post, I don't see that Duane quoted you or poked any guesses at your intentions. If you read our posts, I also cannot find the antagonism you refer to. There has been quite a bit of anger and bitterness in response to some of our posts from a tiny handful, which I still don't understand. We're growing the committee and adding some new faces, not asking for Deon's removal. We have zero control over who people nominate and vote for. Would it soften some attitudes here if I were to tell you that one of our proposed nominees is in fact Deon? If you knew who our other nominees include, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.....

Well, you are getting this from the source: he got it wrong. Again. But i guess you want to try again to tell me what I'm thinking and feeling? Seems to be the norm these days.

Also, you are making the mistake of confusing the pointing out dirty tactics for 'anger and bitterness'. You are missing much, or have missed much.

As for pleasantly surprised, something about leopards and spots. either way, time will tell.

Guest Omega Man

Dirty tactics? Please tell us exactly how where and when these CIA black ops okes got busy?

No black ops. Black Kit yes. I'm told it's slimming and god knows I need it. Hehe.

In all seriousness tho a representative committee is going going to be chosen on the 18th. Which I personally feel is a victory for TokaiMTB and mountain bikers in Tokai in General.

I very much doubt it will be a brawl or standoff or anything silly. Maybe a glare or 2.

I'm hoping that Sanparks will have some representation there and that the Mountain Bikers turn out in force so that Sanparks see how passionate we are about our sport and the mountain. I'm also hoping that the riders that do turn up support the committee going forward in whatever form necessary.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest OldFlow

Well, you are getting this from the source: he got it wrong. Again. But i guess you want to try again to tell me what I'm thinking and feeling? Seems to be the norm these days.

Also, you are making the mistake of confusing the pointing out dirty tactics for 'anger and bitterness'. You are missing much, or have missed much.

As for pleasantly surprised, something about leopards and spots. either way, time will tell.

What have I got from "the source"? I am referring to a post from which you seem to have extracted something which was not even stated. I have no idea what you are thinking or what you are feeling. I get the sense that you are angry. I won't even hazard a guess to why. The cause would appear irrelevant in the context of an upcoming committee election in any event.

I haven't seen any details posted regarding these "dirty tactics" you allude to. Reading the posts objectively rather than subjectively, I don't see that the clearly bitter and angry comments are in fact "pointing out dirty tactics". what exactly am I missing? Perhaps if the people voicing that anger could give some details, we could discuss them here.

If you feel so strongly about the issue, nominate people and vote for them. Voicing off here is not helping.

"As for pleasantly surprised, something about leopards and spots. either way, time will tell"

Not sure what that's all about. Our list of nominees is ours to choose. I'm trying to temper some of the uneccesary emotion flying around this thread by indicating that there are people on it who's intentions noone could possibly question. But again - that's our list. Draw up your own if you want to be part of the solution going forward.

Edited by OldFlow

So in summary......

1. Deon builds "crap" trails but he is the only one building trails.

2. Somebody else now wants "better" trails ( I specifically didn't say want to built better trails..... as there is apparently "other" means to built as volunteer days).....

3. You want Deon to stay on and be you contact with SANPARKS as he has the know how and more importantly the relationship....something the "others" don't have.....

This looks like a loose loose situation to Deon..... He need to do all the hard work and sort SANParks out, and I promise you the first guy that will be blamed when no new trail can be built or maintenance is an issue would be Deon, because he is the SANParks contact...

The way in which this whole AGM came about is not on... yeah I read the nasty FB comments and can see whats going on.

I DON'T TRUST YOU GUYS BECAUSE YOU ARE SCREWING OVER A FELLOW MOUNTAINBIKER