First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• And anyone else who I've left out or wants to join but lets make it less than 20.

Can I join? I am of average height which may help - you never know.

Guest Omega Man

Can I join? I am of average height which may help - you never know.

Sorry dude. I thought I'd included you. My omission was not by design. Yes please be there.

also Flowta.

But please guys. Let's please keep this thing civil. It is a restaurant after all. Although I doubt it's going to be anything but a heated conversation.

Then I'd suggest we ask Admin to shut this thread down and possibly erase it from the database cos it's ugly and I'd like it to be gone forever. We start up a new thread with the notice of the AGM and a report back from our encounter at Jakes.

Edited by Omega Man

Due to so many people being interested in what is happening at Tokai and this thread, although ugly does have a good ending highlights a lot of the complexities involved. Maybe you can chat about the closing of this thread with the OP at your meeting.

You can of course edit out some of your comments.

Guest Omega Man

Due to so many people being interested in what is happening at Tokai and this thread, although ugly does have a good ending highlights a lot of the complexities involved. Maybe you can chat about the closing of this thread with the OP at your meeting.

True. But then we'll start saying stuff like I stand by my statement and we go down the rabbit hole again. But ja. I hear you

Sorry dude. I thought I'd included you. My omission was not by design. Yes please be there.

also Flowta.

But please guys. Let's please keep this thing civil. It is a restaurant after all. Although I doubt it's going to be anything but a heated conversation.

Then I'd suggest we ask Admin to shut this thread down and possibly erase it from the database cos it's ugly and I'd like it to be gone forever. We start up a new thread with the notice of the AGM and a report back from our encounter at Jakes.

I'll see if I can make it, if I can I will be late

No, do not edit the comments.. there is still something I am not happy about and I advise that the tone of Johns (oldflow) comments remain.

I have been the target of "a" campaign. I have say in what stays.

Reason for EDIT: It occurred to me that some people may not know who John is, I have added his nickname in (brackets).

Edited by Pain or shine

Hi Lone Ranger

Your background knowledge of the ACRONYM process is extremely valuable, I think you should consider giving personal input as well. :thumbup:

The acronyms are unfortunately part of my job :thumbdown: . I was intending to be at the AGM, but work commitments currently have me out of town for two day every week. Hopefully I can plan my out of town days around the date proposed for the AGM.

No, do not edit the comments.. there is still something I am not happy about and I advise that the tone of Johns (oldflow) comments remain.

So why did you edit this one? :whistling:

The acronyms are unfortunately part of my job :thumbdown: . I was intending to be at the AGM, but work commitments currently have me out of town for two day every week. Hopefully I can plan my out of town days around the date proposed for the AGM.

I am sooooooo glad I left this line of work.

Guest OldFlow

Reason for EDIT: It occurred to me that some people may not know who John is, I have added his nickname in (brackets).

Hi....

My name is John'o

John'o Metcalfe for those who don't know...

OldFlow on thehubsa...

I have an addiction.....

I am addicted to mountain biking....

I wear black... like Duane says - "they say it's slimming and God knows I need that"...

And ride a blue Commencal Meta AM....

Sooo... I'm easy to spot on the trails. And I'm often on them, so stop and say howzit if you spot me!

Edited by OldFlow

..and let me guess, "I stand by what I said".

It's irrelevant that you didn't understand the constraints or you might actually had mentioned a few.

pretty sure that it's 5m3 of soil/earth from a wetland/water course. bizarre as it sounds, there are probably a few gullies at tokai considered watercourses that could trigger this(even if they've never seen water in living memory).

Even if you put a bridge over a watercourse (and let's stick with what we all understand as being one: stream & river), the EIA and public process kicks in. If,however, the path you are using/wanting to work on goes through the watercourse and it is marked on maps as a jeep track and you move less than 5qm of soil in the process, then the work does not require EIA's and public participation. The OK can be given at Area Manager level.

Hey, sure, bury the hatchet. I can and I have for the benefit of moving forward. In the interest of Tokai's benefit I will meet with Vince, Duane Richard, Johno and chat about what we all want for the trails, what we've all wanted from the start. You must remember that I have worked with Vince and Duane for nearly 3 years, they know me and I know them. I don't know really know John, I though I did but I see that he has no shame in slandering me, the work I have done (yes oldflow I know you value my liaison with Parks but I have done more, ) and even the people who have come out to help while we face constraints that need to be respected. He claims we should have world class trails now within the constraints, but I still wonder if he understands that it is these very constraints that prevents us from getting world class trails now.

Something tells me that some damage has been done that will tarnish my image. If I read the first page, the punches thrown are not fitting of anything advertised as "fair".

Delete the thread.. 5129 views and I don't get to set the record straight.

Fair?

I thought all snide remarks and hatchets were being buried or have been buried in the interest of moving forwards?

Once words has been said, they can not be retracted, only forgiven.......