First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

Muppetry.

EDIT: One of the reasons I ride my bike is to get away from political battles, I deal with them on a large scale each day within corporate structures. @#$ me if I'm going to even think about fighting and debating when I'm focused on bike related stuff. I've been mountain biking for almost 25 years and I've never seen this kind of BS amongst a group of people who are largely on the same team.

I'm out, you guys go ahead and fight, I'm going to ride my bike alone and enjoy it.

Understand...... no problem. Its like soldiers, we"pay " tem to do the job we don't or can't do...... same here. Some want to "fight" and some want to ride....... your contribution can be something else some other day :-)

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pappa bear: is that FB page still active after you posted that hot potatoe?

No...... so what do they have to hide? O wait I can check, and post the entire thread if required, since I screen grabbed the entire thing.

Muppetry.

EDIT: One of the reasons I ride my bike is to get away from political battles, I deal with them on a large scale each day within corporate structures. @#$ me if I'm going to even think about fighting and debating when I'm focused on bike related stuff. I've been mountain biking for almost 25 years and I've never seen this kind of BS amongst a group of people who are largely on the same team.

I'm out, you guys go ahead and fight, I'm going to ride my bike alone and enjoy it.

Understood dude, it can get tiring. If you're ever up fr just plain shooting the breeze, no politics whatsoever (I'm generally too winded to hold any sort of discussion whilst riding anyway) gimme a shout. I'll be glad to chase you down on your Scott...

OK so if I was wrong about all this dung being flung being the agenda of a certain group of Dhillers why was that posted on Tokai DH FB??? Even though they have just stated that one of them doesn't even have a DH bike? Help this is all most confusing cos as it seems to me now they are stirring purely for the hell of it ...maybe they are botanicals in disguise and are trying to sow discord amongst us?????

Dates back a couple of months....preceeds the coupe.

I am shocked at what I am seeing! This is a dilemma. Whoa!

I see also I am being called out to report on where the money went on facebook.. I cannot fight on two fronts, I am one person.

In the wise words of Gary Barnard at the TMMTB meeting, "document everything and when the trouble starts, and it will, this will be the first question, where is the money?" Meurant has a copy of all this. I was required to keep track of all expenses. If reports were not sent, money was not paid.

I have one of these for each month, except where months have been combined.

TokaiMTB12.10 - Trail Repair Report_R.xlsx.pdf

AMA12-12.10 TokaiMTB Op costs Oct.xlsx.pdf

post-13110-0-86232200-1391586384_thumb.jpg

post-13110-0-77924600-1391586409_thumb.jpg

I have had no other desire than to provide continuity from Cobus to the next person suited to handle MTB matters in Tokai. Sure, I'm not a pro by any means but 11 years experience in maintenance must count for something? 10 of them free.

I can also disclose the for 19 days on average working on the mountain I earned R10 000, this time spent on the hill kept me from seeking work that sustained my personal life and essentially equated for half of what I should have been earning. To supplement this short-fall, I worked nights, sometimes through, in order to keep to tight deadlines from client requirements sent to me by email in the day. I have also used my personal vehicle for the period leading up to the generous donation from Karl who could see my commitment to the people and mountain, should not be at the cost of damage to my car. 1hr after meeting this stranger and presenting what process was running, Karl told me to go and get quotes!

Based on what I am reading here, I don't think it wise I go to the meeting tonight. Duane, agree? In fact I don't know what this will do to the advertised election, I don't feel like this is fair anymore, certainly not on me.

You can choose a proxy to vote on your behalf, as long as you tell that person who you want to vote for.

who can vote ? anyone ? or a paid up card carrying member of tokai club ?

Guest Omega Man

This looks like a Coup......

Not sure if I am allowed to post this but Screw it....ban me......Got it from the Tokai DH FB page which is a public forum so think it is allowed

I did write that. Regrettably. That was very childish and petulant of me.

Guys,

My only goal is to get the right people on the comitee.

Deon has a proven track record.

The "Vince camp" not - and still to date they haven't given us any "HOW" they will bring Wistler-CT about.

I question their motive and capability and still do.

I did write that. Regrettably. That was very childish and petulant of me.

So why then continue in the same trend.........bringing the coupe as prommissed?

I don't think you regret writing it, you regret it beiing shown here.

Anyone. It's an AGM and Tokai MTB is an open group. No membership criteria.

Let me get this rite, I can vote ? I have never been to Tokai, never met anyone on this thread (ok maybe one or two, or three). And I can still vote? And I can still do this via proxy ? In the words of the old US Army blokes this is a right royal cluster bomb<insert foul language>.

Will I be allowed to used Hub names or do I have to find out real names ?

Guest Omega Man

So why then continue in the same trend.........bringing the coupe as prommissed?

I don't think you regret writing it, you regret it beiing shown here.

No. I regret writing it because it was petulant and childish. There is no coupe.

Understand...... no problem. Its like soldiers, we"pay " tem to do the job we don't or can't do...... same here. Some want to "fight" and some want to ride....... your contribution can be something else some other day :-)

(I think) MH was one of the guys that once helped me off the mountain with a broken arm. That's contribution enough for me. So, I'll "fight" on your behalf today :thumbup:

No. I regret writing it because it was petulant and childish. There is no coupe.

So why is the FB page now deleted?

Guys,

My only goal is to get the right people on the comitee.

Deon has a proven track record.

The "Vince camp" not - and still to date they haven't given us any "HOW" they will bring Wistler-CT about.

I question their motive and capability and still do.

I don't recall them saying the aim is to be WHISTLER-CT

That's fine Deon. I'm not going to beg you. Vince, Richard, Johno and myself will be at Jakes tonight at 7pm. Please feel free to join us guys. I'm lifting the 2 beer maximum but leave your guns at the door please.

And just for the record. I've never built illegal trails in Tokai. The Glen yes. Tokai no. I have ridden them but so have many many others.

It's not about me being anywhere, it's about what you say you want and what you show to be the opposite.

You claim this is a win.

I say yes, but it's a loss in the long run. Why?

Your continual flaunting of the rules does not seem to have the best interest for the job that will be set out before me if I take any position, especially one of parks liaison. Why should I take the position? Whyy should anyone when there is a very real possibility that I will be sharing the role with you?

I know you don't build the illegal tracks but are you saying that you will ride them and let your friends ride them while I sit in a room with the people asking that you don't.

How long have I asked that you don't ride these tracks, how long have I been telling Vince to tell his group not to. Has he posted any info around this yet? It is his responsibility as the self elected communication channel on his closed facebook group to, and I quote "I've removed all non dh riders from this group including Deon so that we can discuss dh matters in private without having gay keyboard wars. Deon and I will either speak in person or on the phone from now on and I will keep everyone informed of all developements and news at all times."

TMNP have tried closing the tracks, I have tried closing the tracks, Vince saw a guy with a rake and a spade off to build something somewhere but like you, stands idle letting them knowing there is sensitivity around people with spades in a National Park. Richard is found to be constructing an illegal track on level 5 and in his defence, I open communications with him and the area manager so he can understand why this is wrong and even state his case hoping it will help. It did not, Vince slid in on the back of this communication to ask if we cannot just legalise them. Nice one Vince, you want to see the hoops we have to jump through now?!

Despite how trails around the world - built on private land- came into being, our situation is unique and stuffing it up here, can stuff it up everywhere.

How do you propose we go about negotiating if you or anyone claiming the best for the people admits freely on a public forum that you ride the illegal trails just because others do. Are you not supposed to be helping or do you think that because you did not take the spot on the committee in July, (when it was offered before getting public approval) that it now entitles you to head off and and ride tracks that are bothering SANParks Table Mountain National Park North, Central and South. Do you realise that the audacity to post photos in public standing in front of illegal trails out of defiance.. and here's the kicker.. for what you want for the people you may land up representing, is fuel to the fire that keeps thousands of law abiding riders huddled on 7kms of trails that actually wil be scientifically proven soon cannot cater for this amount.

You are right, Parks probably won't punish the good guys because of what the few are doing, but watch them drag their heels. Watch them deem that 7kms of singletrack is not sustainable for the amount of riders frequenting Tokai and watch as they finally impose a daily quota of 200, 100, 50 riders to enter the park while they deliberate over our vision for world class trails. You underestimate the landowner and you underestimate the strain you are placing on the area manager. She is our friend but your statement and stance on what it takes to negotiate, conflicts severely with what you are promising people. (Have I not warned you about over-promising? After 3 years, do you still not know TMNP is a slow moving body?)

You are making Kandui's life a pain too with your defiance. North are quoting issues around illegal trails in Central accentuated by issues around trails like The Glen. (for another topic, but do you realise that building and riding in the Glen is pissing off walkers and residents, the same people who we need approval from in a public participation process to get, "world class trails".) The blocks you have built up around each issue needs to be broken down and looked at from a high level perspective. There is one land owner, one area of land, Central is not separate from North and what you say here and withhold in other places is hurting (our?) cause.

It is in the best interest while the forum negotiates on everyone's behalf, that I would advise everyone who has once ridden these trails to stop now and start policing themselves before Parks needs to intervene. Show your support before the AGM, vote for whoever you want but please, for your own sake show Parks we are serious and close those tracks!