First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

You know what, things were working out so nicely towards the end of yesterday.

Now *%^&% guys are taking things super personal!!1

I apologise for my part in it, I just ask questions that I think need answering or clarifying.

The moratorium was agreed at the meeting last week AFAIK

.. for some, yes.

Isn't the detail of that call on FB. It's hardly a secret.

Look I can understand the call to cease before the AGM, but this would valid if my work was indeed poo, which it is not.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why was the repair worked stopped ?

the explanation won't have the same effect if you don't have violin music playing in the background.. sorry that just slipped out..

:ph34r:

Then I have conflicting information. The build day was still going ahead as of last week Thursday (when I met with Deon) on Friday it had been called off. Deon was at the meeting with Meurant, Rob, John'o, Richard, Vince, Gary Trepes. AFAIK the moratorium was NOT called back then, or the build day would never have been confirmed.

This is how I understand it from someone at the meeting

It was called at the meeting, specifically new work and/or changes not including repairs.

On the Thursday Whenever you were talking of a rerouting of Vasbyt, which constitutes change and/or new work.

What happened after that and why REPAIR work stopped I don't know

Anyway I'm outa here, if I can be at the beers tomorrow I will. Else I'll be at the AGM.

EDIT: added stuff in bold

Edited by Flowta

So the comittee is gonna take over what you do now, whether you remain on it or not depends on votes.Got it.

Correction, the committee is supposed to oversee what I do. I consulted the soon to be TokaiMTB committee members before opening the snake trails and i got their approval. It was working.. now it is not.

It was called at the meeting, specifically new work and/or changes not including repairs.

On the Thursday Whenever you were talking of a rerouting of Vasbyt, which constitutes change and/or new work.

Anyway I'm outa here, if I can be at the beers tomorrow I will. Else I'll be at the AGM.

At the meeting you say? It's not in the agreements and outcomes in the minutes. Go back to your source but don't use the broken phone this time..

Everyone approved the minutes, even your saws.

.. for some, yes.

Isn't the detail of that call on FB. It's hardly a secret.

Look I can understand the call to cease before the AGM, but this would valid if my work was indeed poo, which it is not.

Yep. Detail was on the book of Faeces.

Nope. Wasn't in the minutes...

Ah. I see Deon beat me to it...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

At the meeting you say? It's not in the agreements and outcomes in the minutes. Go back to your source but don't use the broken phone this time..

Everyone approved the minutes, even your saws.

any chance of those minute being posted here to help with clarity for those who might have an interest?

Guest OldFlow

So the comittee is gonna take over what you do now, whether you remain on it or not depends on votes.Got it.

Almost correct!

The committee won't "take over" what Deon does now, if he remains on it. He could still be on it and play an executive role. No dictatorship lurking in the wings to take power with a coup... All good democratic process. Not sure what the fuss in that is. If everyone is indeed happy with things the way they are, and vote that way, there would in fact be very little change in the make-up of the committee.

TokaiMTB is AMArider affiliated. It allows for cases like these, especially since they are invloved in discussions with the landowner. They have a stake in Tokai.

TokaiMTB is autonomous in it's operation, the boss is essentially SANParks, sort of. There are many levels of control. I have been setting up the TokaiMTB maintenance crew. It is vital that there is a team who can respond to everyday issues, especially after we have completed through contracted labour for the construction of the ultimate vision for the trails. Maintenance, I'm sure I don't have to go into detail.

Until now the low level maintenance includes, lifting severely eroded trail levels, shoring trails, rebuilding existing features with clay, realignments (through public participation and commenting, example the DH line - plenty input there from the public.)

TokaiMTB however is also responsible for meeting both Parks and pulic requirements for safety. The public suggests, TokaiMTB presents and a common ground is found with Parks that leaves all happy until the next revision. These should be ongoing as riders skills progress. The DH is a good example of progression. Xc riders are trying things they may never get to do in other more qualified parks, this is good for the sport.

There is the insurance aspect of what TokaiMTB does. The affiliation with AMArider currently offers this.

The committee would oversee what work is done, standards, designs, trail proposals (although this becomes a higher level discussion with public and TMMTB forum in case of disagreement). There is a funding group which oversees the funds and TokaiMTB applies for the funds via proposals, per year/per project a detail to be clarified.

Lots of value and needed for an all round progression. It's not all just about building.

I forgot.. The TMMTB forum oversees activities of all members too as the one has an affect on the other, TMNP being the common denominator. So add that as another level of control.

Guest OldFlow

any chance of those minute being posted here to help with clarity for those who might have an interest?

AGM on the 18th!

Almost correct!

The committee won't "take over" what Deon does now, if he remains on it. He could still be on it and play an executive role. No dictatorship lurking in the wings to take power with a coup... All good democratic process. Not sure what the fuss in that is. If everyone is indeed happy with things the way they are, and vote that way, there would in fact be very little change in the make-up of the committee.

..EDIT

"Not sure what all the fuss is about"?, C'mon Johno, ..EDIT

EDIT: Ok, low blow. Sorry Johno.

Edited by Pain or shine

AGM on the 18th!

There's a problem. That date is wrong, in the minutes the date was set for the 19th. Seems we will have to adjust and repost the amended info.

Guest OldFlow

There's a problem. That date is wrong, in the minutes the date was set for the 19th. Seems we will have to adjust and repost the amended info.

First post of this thread is the notice that was posted. AGM on the 18th.