First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you missed it in the last 24 pagee that Duane and I believe Vince aren't putting themselve up for nomination. Even if someone else nominates them I'm not sure if they will accept.

You might be suprised as to who they themselves nominate.

So they storm in here make demands and accusations and yet they are not willing to contribute other than criticize!?! Just aswell, since I predicted that they would have been nothing more than a flash in the pan.......

.......and then a previously extinct flower popped up in the middle of Boomslang and Mr Rebelo and a hundred botanicals arrived and that was how mountain biking ended at tokai...guys we are guests on the mountain and we must never forget that. We need to behave as we would if we were visiting someone important... those botanicals are as passionate about their plants as we are about biking and some of them have a lot of clout. I know this is slightly off topic but just felt what with everyone jumping up and down about world class trails etc we need to remind ourselves that we are lucky to have any trails at all ..also a huge number of riders myself included are just happy to have a place to to enjoy getting a bit of exercise in the peace of the mountain away from the roads and and those dreadful smoke spewing, cyclist killing contraptions called cars, I tell you not a single ride goes by without me being really grateful for that professionally built trails or not. Finally can anyone come to the AGM? or do you have to be a member of a club?

Can I bring beer to the agm?

no only popcorn... seriously I don't have a clue, hell maybe they'll fill people up on brandy and coke at the door... Edited by mikethebike234

.......and then a previously extinct flower popped up in the middle of Boomslang and Mr Rebelo and a hundred botanicals arrived and that was how mountain biking ended at tokai...guys we are guests on the mountain and we must never forget that. We need to behave as we would if we were visiting someone important... those botanicals are as passionate about their plants as we are about biking and some of them have a lot of clout. I know this is slightly off topic but just felt what with everyone jumping up and down about world class trails etc we need to remind ourselves that we are lucky to have any trails at all ..also a huge number of riders myself included are just happy to have a place to to enjoy getting a bit of exercise in the peace of the mountain away from the roads and and those dreadful smoke spewing, cyclist killing contraptions called cars, I tell you not a single ride goes by without me being really grateful for that professionally built trails or not. Finally can anyone come to the AGM? or do you have to be a member of a club?

All of that fona fona stuff is catered for in the environmental plans and papers for Tokai. trails are build within their rules ( well not everybody think the rules are for them........)

Due to so many people being interested in what is happening at Tokai and this thread, although ugly does have a good ending highlights a lot of the complexities involved. Maybe you can chat about the closing of this thread with the OP at your meeting.

You can of course edit out some of your comments.

Sorry but that is not in the public interest. Personalities have been shown and this is important in deciding who should form part of a committee representing mountainbikers in Tokai.

Can I bring beer to the agm?

taking this fun raiser business seriously aint yer? hmmm...if u bring some cold monster (blue please) i'll gladly join in the fun :P

Sorry but that is not in the public interest. Personalities have been shown and this is important in deciding who should form part of a committee representing mountainbikers in Tokai.

Yeah without knowing, people have been writing their "resumé" post for post......

Was gonna bring the popcorn anyway. On the way up dh 0 this evening there were five xc guys comimg down really slowly and they were saying how awesome the trails are. Obviously having fun. That's what it's all about isn't it, having a good time with your mates. Regardlesd of what you ride or how good you think you are...

So they storm in here make demands and accusations and yet they are not willing to contribute other than criticize!?! Just aswell, since I predicted that they would have been nothing more than a flash in the pan.......

I never said they were unwilling to contribute, Duane has offered free accounting, and I'm sure if nominated and voted will accept the responsibility.

OldFlow while not necessarily be able to be on the committee, is one guy you can always count on when push comes to shove.

These guys have been involved with Tokai for a LONG time, including some being involved in some way shape or form around the time of the last EMP in 2002.

I will be at the AGM, I will make my vote count! Will you?

EDIT: Sorry, OldFLow

Edited by Flowta

I never said they were unwilling to contribute, Duane has offered free accounting, and I'm sure if nominated and voted will accept the responsibility.

OldFlow while not necessarily be able to be on the committee, is one guy you can always count on when push comes to shove.

These guys have been involved with Tokai for a LONG time, including some being involved in some way shape or form around the time of the last EMP in 2002.

I will be at the AGM, I will make my vote count! Will you?

EDIT: Sorry, OldFLow

......so they might stand...... Have they been nominated?

......so they might stand...... Have they been nominated?

I'm sure somebody will..

That is the point of the original post!

To inform people of the upcoming AGM AND to invite people to nominate (either other people or themselves) for positions on the committee.

I'm sure somebody will..

That is the point of the original post!

To inform people of the upcoming AGM AND to invite people to nominate (either other people or themselves) for positions on the committee.

Can I nominate on Hub names?

Lol, maybe PM them and get their full names.

.....Ja getting a bit late and the coffee is loosing its effect :-)