First Tokai MTB AGM

Vince

I was waiting for this, I agree with Myles. I don't feel like I can meet with this group given the circumstance around how this election has come about. I thought I could but if I read where this is going, I can't help but wonder why we needed to waste 8 months to get to where we were going anyway. Please don't anyone tell me to bury the hatchet, there is information that has not been disclosed yet, much like the information hidden behind the Tokai DH closed facebook group, there is info you don't want to present in public and information you have purposely not relayed to the group that will have serious repercussions down the line. (I can go into depth and maybe I will because GoLefty has already alluded to something that you Duane, have not considered despite me warning you, the illegal trails!). The closed Facebook page is the epitome of the challenges I have had with Vince over the last 3 years.

Duane, what would happen if you and Vince got a spot on the new committee? Would that not put us back to July when you and Vince were offered a spot on the committee anyway? And you know a committee has to be publicly ratified so that was coming. It could have avoided THIS, and the confusion you have created around who these people now need to vote for.

Why all the hostility to get something that was best for Tokai from the start?

All I can see is that you, Richard, Vince and John have had the chance to drag the efforts of those who are making a difference through the mud, when you could have trusted me and offered your guidance if that's what you feel you will be offering if you were to be voted on. Or are we just going to carry on with the disinformation behind closed doors hey Vince? The way I see it, what will be different?

PoS we need to know what you are refering to. What happened behind the scenes a couple of months ago? The guys voting need to know.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is still the one thing "vinces" camp need to answer, on this forum, before the AGM. What will they do diffrent than the current crew, HOW ? Do they have a magic stash of cash? Do they have a higher up contact in SANParks? Do they have Access to JCBs and 50 volunteers? All i hear is promisses for a "wistler " in cape town, but we all know if that was possible it would have been build by now........ How vince? How omega man? How Rika? How oldflow? How will you build this wonderfull utopia? What will you try to do diffrently?

That is still the one thing "vinces" camp need to answer, on this forum, before the AGM. What will they do diffrent than the current crew, HOW ? Do they have a magic stash of cash? Do they have a higher up contact in SANParks? Do they have Access to JCBs and 50 volunteers? All i hear is promisses for a "wistler " in cape town, but we all know if that was possible it would have been build by now........ How vince? How omega man? How Rika? How oldflow? How will you build this wonderfull utopia? What will you try to do diffrently?

JCBs????? and Sanparks anyone who thinks trailbuilders will be allowed to use JCB's up there is on some very interesting drugs and must share now.....

....... I think the answers is NOTHING.

The current team do have an expert lined up and he will be called in as soon as nature went its way.

OR shall we pay him big bugs to build us a temporary trail?

If your answer is YES, have this request been put through to the comittee to decide on?

The majority of the users, other than a few DHers, as mentioned by "Vinces camp" is unhappy with the "trails". I put trails in " " since they are really unhappy with Deon and Myles for busting their illegle trails.........

I recall the comments on Facebook were Myles was threatened along the lines of a coup, how they will investigate the funding, how it is used, how trails are build etc. and guess what, here we are today with a coup disguised as an "AGM"

FOR VARK STEAK!!!!!!!!!

****Edit: "FOR FARK STEAKS" added to show my passion and emotion

Edited by Pappa Bear

JCBs????? and Sanparks anyone who thinks trailbuilders will be allowed to use JCB's up there is on some very interesting drugs and must share now.....

Don't burst their bubble...........

Guest Omega Man

Don't burst their bubble...........

Machines are allowed on the mountain. Just not on the weekends. Deon will confirm this.

Guest OldFlow

The current team do have an expert lined up and he will be called in as soon as nature went its way.

If your answer is YES, have this request been put through to the comittee to decide on?

The majority of the users, other than a few DHers, as mentioned by "Vinces camp" is unhappy with the "trails". I put trails in " " since they are really unhappy with Deon and Myles for busting their illegle trails.........

I recall the comments on Facebook were Myles was threatened along the lines of a coup, how they will investigate the funding, how it is used, how trails are build etc. and guess what, here we are today with a coup disguised as an "AGM"

FOR VARK STEAK!!!!!!!!!

A number of people seem convinced that there is some imminent underhanded coup of sorts. I feel it prudent to again point out that this is a purely democratic process. There is no forced, limited choice of candidates here. Anyone can be nominated.They simply need to put up their hand and let people know they are willing to be nominated.

I've said it before as well but if the majority are happy with the apparent current situation, then all that would happen is the committee would grow by one. If any seats change as a result of the elections, then that's democracy in action.

Edited by OldFlow

FOR VARK STEAK!!!!!!!!!

This is the conclusion I keep coming to. These other folks seem to me want to cover the mountain in extreme downhill trails with insane jumps etc etc which face it 90% of tokai users myself included are incapable of riding or just really not interested in spending lots of time in hospital burning up our medical aid....Really I cant fault what Deon and co have achieved there despite the botanicals ..despite idiots crashing through illegal trails and nearly flattening one of SA's most notorious fynbos nuts...despite having to contend with Sanparks etc etc etc but then what do I know, I'm to scared to even go over the bridge at Faery garden....

This is the conclusion I keep coming to. These other folks seem to me want to cover the mountain in extreme downhill trails with insane jumps etc etc which face it 90% of tokai users myself included are incapable of riding or just really not interested in spending lots of time in hospital burning up our medical aid....Really I cant fault what Deon and co have achieved there despite the botanicals ..despite idiots crashing through illegal trails and nearly flattening one of SA's most notorious fynbos nuts...despite having to contend with Sanparks etc etc etc but then what do I know, I'm to scared to even go over the bridge at Faery garden....

............you know there lives a troll under that bridge with a stick, that he wants to push through your wheels......

A number of people seem convinced that there is some imminent underhanded coup of sorts. I feel it prudent to again point out that this is a purely democratic process. There is no forced, limited choice of candidates here. Anyone can be nominated.They simply need to put up their hand and let people know they are willing to be nominated.

I've said it before as well but if the majority are happy with the apparent current situation, then all that would happen is the committee would grow by one. If any seats change as a result of the elections, then that's democracy in action.

The actions and posts, on the hub and FB, suggest otherwise....... I will go and find the posts on FB and come post it here.

Guest Omega Man

This is the conclusion I keep coming to. These other folks seem to me want to cover the mountain in extreme downhill trails with insane jumps etc etc

That is completely untrue. And I'm not sure where you got that from.

Johno doesn't even own a dh bike and Vince, Richard and myself haven't ridden our dh bikes at tokai for a very long time. It's just not conducive to that type of riding. Pushing for and hour for 3 minutes of riding isn't very smart as it turn out.

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

The actions and posts, on the hub and FB, suggest otherwise....... I will go and find the posts on FB and come post it here.

We've all got 5 nominations and one vote each for the nominees.

Guest OldFlow

If we had this magic superpower some people seem to think we have, we would be putting it to far better use than trying to somehow manipulate peoples' votes at the AGM!

What exactly is the implication here? That we can somehow rig the voting? That would be a serious underestimation of Meurant's integrity...

Edited by OldFlow

This looks like a Coup......

Not sure if I am allowed to post this but Screw it....ban me......Got it from the Tokai DH FB page which is a public forum so think it is allowed

post-4575-0-66327200-1391583227_thumb.png

its got nothing to do with rigging votes. stop being so melodramatic. Its the unnecessary, unprovoked, and relentless attack upon the character of another rider, who in the past and currently, has a super handle on things at Tokai, and for whom I have no choice but to vote for simply because the alternative is a massive uncertainty, and whose whole argument for change is based on what clearly appears to be personal grievances. The promise of change is just that: just a promise and near completely unsubstantiated. Why dont those incumbents share with us their plans to make things better? This is after all, the basis upon which minds are made up: tangible strategies. Tring to sully the work of the current volunteer group is as negative a negative strategies get. it's childish tbh. and not worth a fart much less a vote.

saying its fair and democratic doesn't make it so, if only because of all the negative crap that's gone before. Let's just stop posing in that regard. insisting it is despite all the evidence in this thread to the contrary, Either you can't see it, or are completely ignoring it, both are not great characteristics to have when dealing with Sanparks. The lack of flexibility in approach is a cause for concern. Again, not an approach that is going to work with sanparks.

Deon, Myles, Gary, Duran, Daniel;y'all get my votes on the basis of current performance, stirling patience and resolve despite the monkey calls and general stirring of ****, and for having a generally trustworthy, open, friendly character that is a pleasure to interact with, both here online and in person.

To Deon, despite having the opportunity to do so when among friends, you've held your tongue and not spoken ill of your detractors, despite knowing full well the same cannot be said of them. You sir, are way more moral than I in that regard.

Guys just for the record.

It's been reported by DJR that there was a souring of the relationship between Vince, Jan (The land owner at Steilte trails) and myself. Now I'm not sure where DJR got this information but I can assure you all that that is completely untrue. I'll be seeing DJR tonight hopefully and we'll chat about it I'm sure.

I had a long chat with Jan last night and asked him the question directly. He laughed at the thought. Plans are going full steam ahead with getting Steilte trails set up as mini bikepark with trails going as far down as the R44. Building has slowed for the summer but as soon as God turns on the sprinklers we'll be out there with the workers and the ticks building Enduro and DH style lines.

I can't confirm this but apparently there has been an issue with rogue riders and one of the land owners in the area and people being banned from farms so I can see where possible confusion has arisen. But that is not linked to Steilte at all.

I'm happy to accept it as above and I've gone back to edit the offending post.

It was meant to say that you guys seemed to suddenly found that the grass wasn't perhaps so green on the other side of the private fence and wanted to come back to public Tokai. It was not meant to insinuate anything more and certainly not to cause any hassles for you at Steilte, which wasn't mentioned to start with. Btw, I also didn't name anyone.