Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 minutes ! holy kakesister, they must be miffed - but not bad for a bunch of okes who come together once a year.

Nice to see you post again AL.

Not bad at all.. ...

Considrering that the youngest memebr of there team is only 19 ... and he finished with the group....

And how was your ride?

For once in my life I skipped this year...looking at how fast the times were I am more than happy with my decision to take the sabbatical.  :clap:

Not bad at all.. ...

Considrering that the youngest memebr of there team is only 19 ... and he finished with the group....

We had two 19 year olds - Nicholas is busy writing an exam right now and Shameeg was a super star. Both worth keeping an eye out for in the future...

We had two 19 year olds - Nicholas is busy writing an exam right now and Shameeg was a super star. Both worth keeping an eye out for in the future...

You guys rode like a well-oiled machine - was standing close to Shameeg's dad on one of the climbs to Swellendam. Well done!!!

First DC and what an enjoyable ride! We worked together and stayed as a group. It was amazing to see the speed the winning teams were doing when they flew by us as if we weren't even moving. No complaints about the whole day, except perhaps for whoever decided the finish at the top of that last hill was a good idea! 

Anyway definitely looking forward to setting myself a challenging goal next year to aim for...

2020m according to my Garmin Edge 500.

Still miffed that my boyfriend made an autocratic decision not to stick my race number on our helmets (do I look bovvered that its amateurish!)

i not only had a sticker on my helmet but on my frames head tube as well, the one you would've normally put on the bars, go figure :-)

Well Done, Did you get the actual medal? i thought you needed to have 12 riders cross the line to claim that medal?

yes we did. we were only 11 registered members..so our full team. that's the way I figured they checked.

My prediction for overall podium (cannot say in what order but it will be close):

Giant

Aurecon

HotChillee

Private Client Holdings Racing

Think our team proved that pro's in the teams does not really make a diff, it is how you gel as a team and how you handle the issues(experience) in the race. Last year we were not even mentioned and hooked an overall 2nd. HotChillee will def have one team on podium depends how good your 6th guy is on the day.  :thumbup:

This is why I like the DC this year, going to open for everyone to take it.

Think HotChillee still trying to figure out how they lost it by 7min...  :D

From being rather non committal and hedging your bets before the event to being quite cheeky afterwards. What's that saying about hindsight? 

To be fair, you got 3 out of 4 with Aurecon being the big losers.

And you were right - closest DC for years.

I don't see HotPansies getting podium.

Reverse psychology. Good work pansy - I like your mind games. So - tell us about that taxi ;)

From being rather non committal and hedging your bets before the event to being quite cheeky afterwards. What's that saying about hindsight? 

To be fair, you got 3 out of 4 with Aurecon being the big losers.

And you were right - closest DC for years.

Reverse psychology. Good work pansy - I like your mind games. So - tell us about that taxi ;)

Eeerrmmm tongue-in-cheek comment that is why I had a smiley face, 2nd overall is brilliant! :thumbup:

Not being cheeky, I think with the caliber of the two HotChillee teams I would have personally liked it a bit closer but you cannot always have what you want. :thumbdown:

99% of people looking at results and never thought they will get beaten by 7 min. :eek:  :)

Next year is another year, will be even closer.  :thumbup:

My first DC was awesome besides the fall still managed to achieve our goal of sub 6 ???????? now for my battle scares to heal before die burger

Apologies for the delay, here is Team Pure Savage race report from their 5:43 DC this year,

http://teampuresavage.blogspot.com/2014/11/coronation-double-century-2014.html

If you are facebook inclined there are some photos and stuff here : https://www.facebook.com/TeamPureSavage

And if you like filters and coffee we are on instagram to, something along the lines of @TeamPureSavage

We are just struggling this week with post DC depression and the daunting task of starting with the elites on Sunday.

Apologies for the delay, here is Team Pure Savage race report from their 5:43 DC this year,

http://teampuresavage.blogspot.com/2014/11/coronation-double-century-2014.html

If you are facebook inclined there are some photos and stuff here : https://www.facebook.com/TeamPureSavage

And if you like filters and coffee we are on instagram to, something along the lines of @TeamPureSavage

We are just struggling this week with post DC depression and the daunting task of starting with the elites on Sunday.

Great looking kit! Saw you guys out there. Well done on your result :thumbup:

Archived