Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

Boet, you need to climb in with the DIN DAISIES, the managed a 7:35 with a blow out or 2. Some YSTERS in that squad.

Next year you will be a DIN DAISY  :clap:

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Race as always...

Felt great till 180Kms where I thought that it would be a great time to take a energy-gel for the last few rollers.... but started vomiting instantly and all was lost after that. Cramping, constant nausea and nothing left! Struggled home by myself for the last 20Ks and came in 20mins after my team!! Not the finish I was hoping for but still GREAT race and AWESOME day out!!!

Those TOWELS were GREAT!!

Great Race as always...

Felt great till 180Kms where I thought that it would be a great time to take a energy-gel for the last few rollers.... but started vomiting instantly and all was lost after that. Cramping, constant nausea and nothing left! Struggled home by myself for the last 20Ks and came in 20mins after my team!! Not the finish I was hoping for but still GREAT race and AWESOME day out!!!

Those TOWELS were GREAT!!

Well done U DID IT. :clap:  :clap: .

I just hope that the last single riders were able to finish in time as they still had 3 hills to go with 30mins on the clock. Hope the organisers gave it to them. Big up for not giving up.

Well done U DID IT. :clap:  :clap: .

I just hope that the last single riders were able to finish in time as they still had 3 hills to go with 30mins on the clock. Hope the organisers gave it to them. Big up for not giving up.

TAHNKS!

Our goal was a sub7 and 10 guys came in at  just under 7 hours... I came in 20 minutes later and our last rider about 40mins later... He started struggling at 160Kms! He suffered for 40Kms on his own!! 

Awesome event! Even better this year without the support vehicles on the road.

It was much better without the support vehicles. The end was leaps and bounds better than previous years. Ended up very grateful for second stop, punctures and split in group.

Only issue is some teams cruising 3-4 abreast and refusing to allow space for teams to overtake without breaking the white line rule. On trying to explain that we could not pass without crossing white line rule we were told they were there first and could ride 4 abreast. Besides these individuals the vibe on the ride was amazing, makes suffering that much easier when you here shouts of Savage and Hammer :D

Now to fight off the post DC depression and wait till 2015.

*this thread will be deleted foreva and eva if one of you sods does not put up a decent ride report. :cursing:  Not this gobbledegook stuff that is was just fun :thumbdown: ! Details details details :thumbup: *

oh yes, Veloria's soon to be released report does not count :excl:

Scouts honour I wont abuse mod privileges :ph34r:

*this thread will be deleted foreva and eva if one of you sods does not put up a decent ride report. :cursing:  Not this gobbledegook stuff that is was just fun :thumbdown: ! Details details details :thumbup: *

Think HotChillee still trying to figure out how they lost it by 7min...  :D

7 minutes ! holy kakesister, they must be miffed - but not bad for a bunch of okes who come together once a year.

Nice to see you post again AL.

Decent ride reports take time to type :D

7 minutes ! holy kakesister, they must be miffed - but not bad for a bunch of okes who come together once a year.

Nice to see you post again AL.

:thumbup:

Same goes for most of the top teams...they get together on the start line.  ;)

Nope - we're just a little hungover from the weekend's adventures, feeling quite stoked that our rag tag bunch of riders were able to come within 7 minutes of the well oiled machine that is Giant Durbanville. My money is on them to crack 5 hours next year with this new format.

And hopefully we can get a little bit closer.

2020m according to my Garmin Edge 500.

Still miffed that my boyfriend made an autocratic decision not to stick my race number on our helmets (do I look bovvered that its amateurish!)

Archived