Coronation Double Century 2014

GaryvdM

Ended up being the second full knobly mtb team over the line with a time of 6:34. Well done Gemini! Unfortunately my lights went out at 160km with an ave of 32km/h and max speed of 80km/h. Had a great team with some of the most insanely stong mtb'ers around! Now to rest for a real easy Burger with my "Clean Father" and swarrie......

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my 10th DC and my best time yet  :thumbup:

Great work by the team and as always, a great day out.

I thought that it was well organised and marshalled. The finish area with the tent and cold towels was great too

That cold towel...

What a fine touch!

My first DC and it went brilliantly! Team rode like champs together and we crossed the line at 5h 49m with all 12 riders...still waiting to find out if we podiumed in the Charles Milner category though.

@Savage, you guys must have had 1 very fresh rider. Saw he punctured in the first few kms and then managed to latch onto the back of the Pharmachoice boys up until Tradouw and then onto the back of us until the first meeting point to rejoin you guys ;)

EDIT: Just found out we got 3rd place in the Charles Milner Category :)

A solution is instant disqualification for littering outside designated zones, works in Ironman, can work for those that can only do one part of the sport.

4th one this year.

Firts time the full team crossed the line as one!!!

Great event.

Time was slow, but our main goal was to stay together till the end. Man that felt good when we passed the line together

My first DC and it went brilliantly! Team rode like champs together and we crossed the line at 5h 49m with all 12 riders...still waiting to find out if we podiumed in the Charles Milner category though.

@Savage, you guys must have had 1 very fresh rider. Saw he punctured in the first few kms and then managed to latch onto the back of the Pharmachoice boys up until Tradouw and then onto the back of us until the first meeting point to rejoin you guys ;)

EDIT: Just found out we got 3rd place in the Charles Milner Category :)

Ja the guy punctured at 12km. He used a lot of effort getting between teams. Really unlucky as did not really help the legs.

Well done on all 12, we just waiting for racetec to load 2 of our top 6. Should come in around 23rd

This was my 6th DC - and according to me this was the best organised one so far. I also think the 2 stops worked well - beforehand I was dead set against it :-)

My 3rd DC  and 2nd with Team Action Frames our  team improved our time with plus minus 50 minutes from 2013. All to hard work, dedication in training  and good team spirit among the guys. Dirk Olivier is a good team captain planned the race very well for us and kept the guys together.

My first Dc, was an awesome experience. Had a mixed grill of 5 between 50 and 60yrs, 4 between 40 and 50yrs and the rest under 40. We lost our only rider on Tradoux with a burst tyre. Managed to get 82.1km down op the Tradoux. Will be back next year. Was  nice to meet a couple of hubbers as well.

We achievd our goal. 8:35. GO DUK DAISIES. :clap:  :w00t:  

This was my 6th DC - and according to me this was the best organised one so far. I also think the 2 stops worked well - beforehand I was dead set against it :-)

I was happy to first crest at the 2nd stop and then find our service vehicle on the descent.

The L hamstring was a bit twitchy :-)

My first Dc, was an awesome experience. Had a mixed grill of 5 between 50 and 60yrs, 4 between 40 and 50yrs and the rest under 40. We lost our only rider on Tradoux with a burst tyre. Managed to get 82.1km down op the Tradoux. Will be back next year. Was  nice to meet a couple of hubbers as well.

Glad you enjoyed it. You rode very well. Was difficult to get you off the front, but I don't complain.

Lekka seeing you at both stops smurfs. If you doing it next year, ill consider joining  :whistling:  if you plan to ride 6:30 - 7 Hours....or pop trying LOL

Second DC with team Continental, we managed to achieved our -8 hours goal at 7:54, our 12 riders team raced together and we got our two medals!. Great event!, the towel at the end was the best!

Best DC to date! Lots of props to the race organisers, you guys did an outstanding job! new stop, ice cold facey, lunch, DC socks etc etc well done!

Second DC with team Continental, we managed to achieved our -8 hours goal at 7:54, our 12 riders team raced together and we got our two medals!. Great event!, the towel at the end was the best!

And the cold beer, managed to swop my meal ticket for another frosty. :whistling:

Lekka seeing you at both stops smurfs. If you doing it next year, ill consider joining  :whistling:  if you plan to ride 6:30 - 7 Hours....or pop trying LOL

Boet, you need to climb in with the DIN DAISIES, the managed a 7:35 with a blow out or 2. Some YSTERS in that squad.

Archived