Northerns Quicky MTB

CraigCCW

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once is enough for me. Dust dust dust, traffic traffic traffic. and dust.

Dont race where you train.

Thats exactly where you should race... you know the trails and terrain so there can be no excuses? See if all your training has paid off?

Thats exactly where you should race... you know the trails and terrain so there can be no excuses? See if all your training has paid off?

hahaha, training there is far less frustrating that racing there. Done it, got the T shirt.

XC races, Stirling (Johnson cycles race) and Quickie.

The farm is fun to train and chase strava segments.

All the new single track is brilliant. Not sure how much congestion will build up during the race though, I'm sure there will be comments after the event.

hahaha, training there is far less frustrating that racing there. Done it, got the T shirt.

XC races, Stirling (Johnson cycles race) and Quickie.

The farm is fun to train and chase strava segments.

All the new single track is brilliant. Not sure how much congestion will build up during the race though, I'm sure there will be comments after the event.

No doubt will have the usual "No water at tables... single track congested... to muddy... to bumpy.... to grassy" moaning afterward.

I sometimes wonder why people do these races so ill-prepared for these things?

As for NF... i love racing there, and for anyone who thinks its flat and fast.... just wait for those little up & down sections to start taking its toll... and if that doesnt hurt, then ride faster!!!

Looks like rain most of the week, but set to clear up on Saturday and Sunday.

Hopefully that is the case, then it won't be a mudbath. :thumbup:

NF drains exceptionally well...I predict with great confidence and my reputation as a weather sangoma :-) that it will be dry.

I'll wait until Strava Races comes to cycling in SA and enter for the normal NF rate.

You going to wait a long time for strava races to come to SA

Was at northerns on Sat, it was the most fun I had on a bike in ages. Muddy and fun

I rode there last Sunday.. prepare for a lengthy bike wash. Even if there's no more rain (which is unlikely), there's a lot of standing water... and mud!

I had to replace my rear derailleur cable after saturday, completely caked with mud.

Will be fun no matter what.

I may not be able to collect my number from Fourways tomorrow, anyone know if I will be able to collect my number at the race venue on the morning of the race?

No clue but I can collect for you if you need?

Thanks a lot, what time are you planning to go collect?