Northerns Quicky MTB

CraigCCW

Rode Modderfontein on Sunday and it was very muddy and wet, not that pleasant.

I have entered the 55km race for the 1st time, for those that have riden NF, if it stops raining Friday & Saturday will the course be mostly dry and a good ride?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going in the morning.

Thanks for the offer, but I have just confirmed that I will be able to collect on the morning of the race.

Good luck for the race :thumbup:

I hope so. Looking so forward to this, my favourite place.

I wonder if having jippo guts for the last 2 days will make me faster?

:P

Shocking race.........bike totally stuffed because of the mud. Mud was mixed with cow dung and human faeces. Will give this a swerve next time.

I must say, horrid mud aside, the race was very well organised. Unlike previous years, the parking worked out smoothly. The signage on the 55km route was exceptional.

I had a great race, the route was very well marked and the mud made it super-tough.

Massive kudos to the 30km riders who were all very courteous and moved out of the way nicely when asked to do so.

Yes some of the mud was gross and stinky. I'm very glad I was on a SS and not a fragile geared bike for this one.