Karoo 2 Coast 2014

JJBoth

In 2013 I also only managed about 4:20 for my first, was hoping to go sub4 too, started up front with all the pro's & that's where it went wrong for me. The start was very very fast through the streets between the houses. Paid the heavy price for that later on.

This year will be no different if I start upfront again, I'll still start fast & stick with them for as long as I can & hopefully recover somewhere in the middle.

makes me worried when a racing snake like you only manage a 4h20...

I'm a bit of a "lazy" starter, takes me a while to get going and then often find the riders of similar ability way ahead of me with me in "no-mans land" riding on my own. So nowadays I force myself to start faster and by the time the front-runners drop me I usually have some company :thumbup: Guess the trick is not too hold on beyond the point of recovery...

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

A friend of mine injured his knee. He entered for the wines, k2c and 2hellandback.

I already took his place for the wines, but the other tickets are for sale. I will post in the classifieds as well. Pm me if you are keen. Price is what he paid for it.

I am staying in George for the k2c. Seeding is not yet out so don't know at what time I will start.

If anyone is keen to get together and sort out traveling to Uniondale and knysna pop me a pm.

Regards

Hoping for around 5 hours but will plan for 6 hours, need to get the nutrition right and pace myself properly for first half...

If you can ave 19.19 sub 5 is your nr. Sub 6 is an ave of 15.99. An ave of 20.00 will get you a 4:45. :clap: :clap: :clap: Just a thought. :w00t:

If you can ave 19.19 sub 5 is your nr. Sub 6 is an ave of 15.99. An ave of 20.00 will get you a 4:45. :clap: :clap: :clap: Just a thought. :w00t:

Averages on K2C are difficult to use for planning as there is no ( except for last km run in to the finish) flat riding.

It is either uphill for 12 km at time or downhill hanging on.....

70 km in I didn't think i'd break 5 hrs, but finished in 4:30.......

It is a unique profile

Averages on K2C are difficult to use for planning as there is no ( except for last km run in to the finish) flat riding.

It is either uphill for 12 km at time or downhill hanging on.....

70 km in I didn't think i'd break 5 hrs, but finished in 4:30.......

It is a unique profile

We did the same time last year. Mine was 4:31.I try and train on my ave speed setting. If it drops going uphill I just push hard on the flats to get back up to the ave again. That said, not much training done the last 3 months. Hoping for a 5hour ride. :whistling: :eek:

I have two places available for overnight stay in the NG Kerk Saal on Saturday night 20/9. Includes mattress.

PM me.

Edit: overnight has been taken up.

1 month to go!! I am extremely nervous! I train alone so I have no idea if my fitness levels are good enough for this race! any advise?? Can anyone compare the hills to some of the hills in CT?

1 month to go!! I am extremely nervous! I train alone so I have no idea if my fitness levels are good enough for this race! any advise?? Can anyone compare the hills to some of the hills in CT?

I can assure you that being in a state of nervousness does nothing for your fitness. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, measuring your training will. K2C is 95km and about 1700m climbing. What do your training rides look like? If they are half of these amounts and you do at least two rides a week, you will make it. You won't podium, but you will make it... :P

Take it easy, eat and drink sensibly at the water points and you'll be fine. :thumbup:

makes me worried when a racing snake like you only manage a 4h20...

I'm a bit of a "lazy" starter, takes me a while to get going and then often find the riders of similar ability way ahead of me with me in "no-mans land" riding on my own. So nowadays I force myself to start faster and by the time the front-runners drop me I usually have some company :thumbup: Guess the trick is not too hold on beyond the point of recovery...

oops i meant 2012 not 2013, was still a novice then & didnt know what to expect.

Hi guys,

A friend of mine injured his knee. He entered for the wines, k2c and 2hellandback.

I already took his place for the wines, but the other tickets are for sale. I will post in the classifieds as well. Pm me if you are keen. Price is what he paid for it.

I am staying in George for the k2c. Seeding is not yet out so don't know at what time I will start.

If anyone is keen to get together and sort out traveling to Uniondale and knysna pop me a pm.

Regards

Hi.

I would like to pick up the K2C entry!

Please send me his details. Only 2 days left to do substitution.

Thanks.

Wilco

Entry available, please pm me

Hi.

Would like to pick up the K2C entry.

Please send me your details to contact you in person.

Thanks.

Wilco

What sort of mileage, per week, are you gals & guys up to? You can list it by 'Sub 4', Sub 5', Sub 6' or 'Survival'.

Archived