Lord Catapult

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit off topic, I have a momsen 929 r with full xx1, carbon wheels, carbon crown sid fork, carbon fizik saddle, carbon formula r1 brakes. Its in great condition and I am giving up mountain biking and want to sell the bike. Any idea how much I should ask for it???

Bit off topic, I have a momsen 929 r with full xx1, carbon wheels, carbon crown sid fork, carbon fizik saddle, carbon formula r1 brakes. Its in great condition and I am giving up mountain biking and want to sell the bike. Any idea how much I should ask for it???

Sounds like an awesome bike, post up a few pics if you can.

If I had to hazard a guess I would say between R30-35K sounds reasonable. Could always flog the wheels seperately and put Crests on as a package.

Good luck, why you quitting btw?

Sounds like an awesome bike, post up a few pics if you can.

If I had to hazard a guess I would say between R30-35K sounds reasonable. Could always flog the wheels seperately and put Crests on as a package.

Good luck, why you quitting btw?

The rigid fork was on for a week, went back to suspension. The mountains was calling.post-40890-0-60455300-1402390496_thumb.jpg

I sold my rigid even before I put it on .My lockout fork locked out and after an hour of riding I only realized why everything was so uncomfortable .At 100kg it is not a long term option

All good components that will sell if your price is reasonable .I will give you 10k for the lot :whistling:

I can finally post on this thread!

Just finished my STR29 build (just need to get the last niggles sorted out before the first ride)

Already changed the saddle (to Spez Romin, hard but surprisingly comfy). Brake hoses shortened and the setup dialed in after a couple of quick rides.

Took it for the first proper ride today, almost 30km at Northern farms and what a difference to my fairly cheap 26er! To my surprise this 29er changes direction almost as quickly as my 26er even when running the fork at 120mm, the tight-ish single track was a blast. Still get shaken around on the rougher sections like any hard-tail would, but for some reason its not as painful as with the 26er.

• 2 weeks later...