Skills clinic suggestions

SiriS

New to MTBiking, started 5 weeks ago and have about 200km under the belt. Had my first big wipeout today...sharp corner, sandy, soft touch on brakes and wheels slid out...and lost plenty skin and incurred significant ego damage.

I like to approach new ventures technically, I'm going for a proper fit in two week's time. Was think of doing a skills clinic as well, any suggestions other than Tread for Cape Town area? I've asked Tread, but there doesn't seem to be any planned in foreseeable future in CPT area.

Thanks!

Edited by SiriS

Contact Justin who works at the gear change in Woodstock and ask him to give you a few technical riding lessons one on one- he is very good

Also you tubes your friend! When I started back in the day that's all the training I had,would watch videos then hit the trails and practiced.never done a training course.

Thanks all. Forgot to mention preferably Northern Suburbs...but Daniel is doing a clinic at Meerendal in March so perfect. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Thanks for the references hubbers! Looking forward to meeting you and helping you become a better rider SiriS!

I asked one of the dudes at LBS about a skills clinic. He tells me, " if you do something and end up falling, don't do it again." Seems to work for me.

That is bad advice from your LBS good skills training just makes you a better rider and make MTBing more fun. If pro riders like Ariane Kleinhans still do skills training on a regular bases I'm sure you would agree we could all benefit from it.

I recently did my skills training and it is unbelievable how much it improved my riding. It's all simple stuff but if someone that knows what he is talking about points out and help you correct your mistakes it makes a big difference

Only my opinion but maybe you should consider a new LBS it doesn't should like these guys or girls give you the best info

In my opinion:

1. Buy the best, lightest bike you can afford.

2. Do a good bike fit (BGFit for me)

3. Ride your bike know how everything works

4. Do skills training courses and as much as you can afford (some are not cheap)

5. Ride, ride, ride ........

In my opinion:

1. Buy the best, lightest bike you can afford.

2. Do a good bike fit (BGFit for me)

3. Ride your bike know how everything works

4. Do skills training courses and as much as you can afford (some are not cheap)

5. Ride, ride, ride ........

Good, I'm doing all 5. :)