Indoor Trainer bad for my bike?

TLK

I am using gotorskins on my trainer (realaxiom elite) , and found almost no wear on the tyre. I've been riding with the same tyre on and off the trainer for 5000km. no issues

Ja sweat is the killer especially on steel or aluminum frame bikes but can still damage the metal parts on carbon framed bikes, notably the head set cap / bolt, seat post clamp / bolt, front derailleur and on mtbk's the rear shock if its located anywhere within drip range of your head

When I used my aluminum mtb on the IDT during winter I glad wrapped all the metal bits, used a splash guard (thong as latent likes to call it :-) ) and a plastic front mudguard over the front wheel.

Durban in summer equals buckets of sweat.

Built a cheap Alu trainer bike using leftover parts, and have a fan running on max.

Still a sweatfest.!

Get yourself a good floor fan (I got one from Makro - cant remember the make) and have it on while you're on the trainer. I find that I dont sweat excessively with the fan on (still have a towel over the top tube just in case).

Was using my GP4000s tyre on the trainer and trainer chowed it. Now using old racing tyre and just bought a Conti IndoorTrainer tyre. Havent tried it yet but supposed to be harder wearing.

I find the rollers not to be as heavy on the tyres as the normal A-frame ITD's. Also not using my normal everyday tyre on the A-frame...

Spare wheel and slick on the back for the IDT. Towel draped over the front wheel and wrapped around the headset to protect that and also covers the front wheel to protect hub and shock - Yes, MTB on the IDT

Then another towel on the top tube to protect all the mech's underneath.

IDT is outside on the stoep with a view of the garden, rubber mat underneath, but the pools of sweat lying about after are a sight to behold!

Unfortunately its packed away at the moment..