Cyclist airlifted out of Tokai

NixM

Anyone have any details of the mountain biker is who was airlifted out of tokai this morning? Hope he is okay.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya that must be pretty bad. Hope he/she is all good!

"on a scale of 1 - Being airlifted how bad was it?"

ya that must be pretty bad. Hope he/she is all good!

"on a scale of 1 - Being airlifted how bad was it?"

I reckon it was another oke going balls to the wall on the jeep track. That's generally the area and source of most of the injuries. 50 plus KPH and not seeing a stone / rock / water bar in the middle of the road, with your seat jammed up your arse. That or a blowout...

I reckon it was another oke going balls to the wall on the jeep track. That's generally the area and source of most of the injuries. 50 plus KPH and not seeing a stone / rock / water bar in the middle of the road, with your seat jammed up your arse. That or a blowout...

Hope the air medics phoned ahead for a proctologist.

edit: Hope the guy's lady is ok.

Edited by Cellar

What I have heard so not sure how true it is... A lady. Where the tar meets the jeep track near the top. Heard she is in bad shape. Lots of broken bones. AGAIN just what I have heard. I hope the person is ok.

Ooooo, coming down from the Mast road...know that spot well! Hope all is well!

What I have heard so not sure how true it is... A lady. Where the tar meets the jeep track near the top. Heard she is in bad shape. Lots of broken bones. AGAIN just what I have heard. I hope the person is ok.

If that's true it's a common spot and the primary reason for being airlifted. Would be a long and dangerous trip down in an ambulance. Also people come flying down there and don't take the transition into consideration

Hope she pulls through!

Wishing the injured cyclist a full and speedy recovery. Never nice to hear stories like this.

A (lady) friend of mine came short at that little section just in front of me a few years back. A combination of over-inflated tyres, speed, sand and marbles, can spring a few nasty surprises in no time.

Edited by flymango

Spoke to the ranger at the entrance, says the same. Reckons neck, back, leg and maybe arm.

Spoke to the ranger at the entrance, says the same. Reckons neck, back, leg and maybe arm.

Damn! That can't be good