Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

Thanks again for an awesome event guys! Great trails, awesome people and an epic day out on the bike! Keen to see what the clock has to say...  :huh:

Anyone got some pics from the festivities?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as Enduro as it gets, to be more Enduro it would have to be more of the same for 3 or 4 days running

That's why I opted for the head mount yesterday ;)

Ya next time i'll be on a dual sus with a full face! Things got a bit hairy in a couple of those rock gardens!

I would love to see what the Enduro was like and the trails at Hakahana. I have not been there yet and want to see what true enduro is about.

Would you guys say this was a full on Enduro?

having ridden 3 of the 4 runs totally blind.... for myself and Tamryn (2nd overall lady) yes is it was very enduro LMFAO....

if what you are asking is....was it a challenging track which required a vast skillset and testicular mass / brain deficiency at places..... YES .....

was a great mix of riding with rocks to keep you honest.... obstacles which rewarded the brave.... some pedalling which rewarded the fit.... and heaps of fun which rewarded every perp on a bike.

apparently to do a proper Neko Mullaly chainless run you have to lose the chain completely and not have it flapping about waiting to wrap itself and your derailer and violently remove all your driveside spokes .......

massive thanks to Leslie for running round like a loon organising Pat Morewoods bike so that I could at least finish all the runs....

massive thanks to the man Pat himself for allowing me to use it....

anybody else had the man who made their bike lend you his personal steed to finish the race??? 

was a frikking jol.....

now to go smash the piggy bank to repair my poor I9 wheel..... chain..... derailer....

oh and possibly a chainguide....hahahahah

thanks to all involved....

and a massive thanks and kudos to everybody at Hakahana.... you guys totally rocked this event WELL DONE

see yall in June.

Need moar footage or pics... did nobody take photos or had someone take the photos?

Guess you did not read my post right above yours?

having ridden 3 of the 4 runs totally blind.... for myself and Tamryn (2nd overall lady) yes is it was very enduro LMFAO....

if what you are asking is....was it a challenging track which required a vast skillset and testicular mass / brain deficiency at places..... YES .....

was a great mix of riding with rocks to keep you honest.... obstacles which rewarded the brave.... some pedalling which rewarded the fit.... and heaps of fun which rewarded every perp on a bike.

apparently to do a proper Neko Mullaly chainless run you have to lose the chain completely and not have it flapping about waiting to wrap itself and your derailer and violently remove all your driveside spokes .......

massive thanks to Leslie for running round like a loon organising Pat Morewoods bike so that I could at least finish all the runs....

massive thanks to the man Pat himself for allowing to use it....

was a frikking jol.....

now to go smash the piggy bank to repair my poor I9 wheel..... chain..... derailer....

oh and possibly a chainguide....hahahahah

thanks to all involved....

see yall in june.

Congrats to Tamryn. I saw her just after her practise accident while we were marking. Takes some serious balls to race to second when you are sore...

Congrats to Tamryn. I saw her just after her practise accident while we were marking. Takes some serious balls to race to second when you are sore...

I was wondering if she raced, saw her go down in practice, couldn't have been comfortable, glad she got back on the bike.

speaking of offs, what are the details of the rider who went down onSP2 and ended up being airlifted, is he/she okay?

I have a couple of videos of the road gap. I will put them on dropbox and post a link here

I waited for Tamryn at the end of sp1..... nervously..... my nerves were settled when I saw her on the last bends approaching the finish.... head down....pedalling the *** out of her bike.... pinned to the max..... with a massive smile on her dial....

She is still baie eina but looooved every second of it.....

One tough chickaroo!!

she klapped her pip so hard that she didnt remember riding through the house or any of the rest of the run to get her back to the trail center....  :blink:

We want the first harvest of mielies from the trench she left with the chin of her full face lid...

Guess you did not read my post right above yours?

Was asking more for the guys that may have taken a few of their own snaps. We are all waiting for the official footage. The randoms often have some interesting angles...

Hi to all. We, Tzaneen riders had a blast again at Hakahana. Thanks to all (Johan, Sean....) for a great event, 

I want to take the opportunity (don't want to hi-jack the thread!) to invite everyone to come and ride our enduro trails in Tzaneen.

The trails are very friendly, with B-lines where needed and so can be ridden with any kind of  Mountain bike.

Ideally, we would like to have an enduro event this year but that could only work if a big portion of the guys (and girls) who rode this week-end at Hakahana, could also come to us.

Otherwise we might only be 5 or 6 riders at best!!!!

Any thoughts?....

Hi to all. We, Tzaneen riders had a blast again at Hakahana. Thanks to all (Johan, Sean....) for a great event, 

I want to take the opportunity (don't want to hi-jack the thread!) to invite everyone to come and ride our enduro trails in Tzaneen.

The trails are very friendly, with B-lines where needed and so can be ridden with any kind of  Mountain bike.

Ideally, we would like to have an enduro event this year but that could only work if a big portion of the guys (and girls) who rode this week-end at Hakahana, could also come to us.

Any thoughts?....

Start a dedicated thread for it firstly, pick a date that doesn't clash with any KZN races, Mankele or Hakahana and I'm sure you'll have plenty of riders pulling through as it's only a 2 to 3 hour drive away from all of us, but start a thread focusing on it, this is Hakahana's thread 

Huge thanks to the whole crew who put this awesome race together (too many names to mention) 

Coming from KZN we had an absolute blast riding the rocks, you guys are sitting on a gem here. Really stoked to see the Enduro discipline growing in Gauteng

Any thoughts?....

Any thoughts?....

Remi, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to sit down and discuss this weekend. 

Remi, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to sit down and discuss this weekend. 

Me too, but I am not blaming you. I know you were very busy during the event.

And I had to get back to Tzaneen after the race was over.

Archived