Hakahana Enduro

HAKAHANA TRAILS

We are going to be doing this. There will not be any difference in number boards between the categories but you will get a number board for the season. Numbers will be allocated on a first come first serve basis, this will be based on when you have entered online and NOT who gets to registration first. :thumbup:

That's Cool see you on the 8th.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, won't feel like i'm in need of risking myself against the super fast kids

Hey dude, nice meeting you on Saturday.

There was a small group for the last Enduro. Not sure if Hilton or Andre are coming up for this one. Perhaps ask on the MTBers do it downhill FB group.

I will be there for sure, but looking at the message above it looks like I had better get my a$$ into gear and register...

Hey dude, nice meeting you on Saturday.

Yeah and to you too, it's nice to see so many numbers of riders coming out of the woodwork for what I've always considered real mtb'ing, all it needed was decent trails and a well organised series  (thanks Hakahana)

HAKAHANA ENDURO CUP#1 - RACE UPDATE:

1. We are officially adding STAGE 4 as a timed stage.

2. Due to expected gender-numbers we have also decided to add 3 sub-categotires to the MENS only.

Mens Elite ( -29), Sub-vet (30-39) & vet (40+). 

WOMANS & HARDTAIL remain single categories.

Any chance there will be shuttles available on the Saturday for practice runs?

TIME TO GET TOUGH AGAIN...

In all the excitement this weekend we had a few incidents of guys trying to shuttle themselves. I need to remind all riders at Hakahana that this is PRIVATE LAND. Every time we access, maintain or traverse any of these properties I personally make contact and advise the landowners. This is my agreement with them. (BTW there are 42 landowners in our trail network!!) So finding guys riding around looking for a place to hide their bakkie, only to save a 4km ride home is bull****!  Access is a privilege and a single such incident could lose this for all of us. Please help us in this. You need to self-regulate. Only HT vehicles, HT staff or APPROVED shuttles will be tolerated anywhere on the trail network. NO EXCEPTIONS. Thanks.

PS: This will also apply to events. No private cars allowed up in the valley!! We are arranging a shuttle for spectators to get to certain parts of the trail on the day. Thanks again.

That said. Today was Uber at the trails. Fantastic turnout of #Enduros before next week. What cool people...Here for the ride, and by the sounds of it (and smiles) the SP Stages are starting to flow great. Saturday is going to be a blast and Sunday: well, get ready to compete against some serious talent.....

please let's all adhere to the shuttle rules guys, losing Hakahana would be a monumental tragedy for all of us in Gauteng

TIME TO GET TOUGH AGAIN...

In all the excitement this weekend we had a few incidents of guys trying to shuttle themselves. I need to remind all riders at Hakahana that this is PRIVATE LAND. Every time we access, maintain or traverse any of these properties I personally make contact and advise the landowners. This is my agreement with them. (BTW there are 42 landowners in our trail network!!) So finding guys riding around looking for a place to hide their bakkie, only to save a 4km ride home is bull****!  Access is a privilege and a single such incident could lose this for all of us. Please help us in this. You need to self-regulate. Only HT vehicles, HT staff or APPROVED shuttles will be tolerated anywhere on the trail network. NO EXCEPTIONS. Thanks.

PS: This will also apply to events. No private cars allowed up in the valley!! We are arranging a shuttle for spectators to get to certain parts of the trail on the day. Thanks again.

I recommend putting out a notice in the following lines:

Any one caught illegally shutling will be refused partcipation in any Hakahana events and even refused access to the trails

(they are doing something similar in the Cape where guys are riding without permits, the trick is just to identify the riders correctly)

Is there any new sections which has been added on all the stages from the last race. I cant make it there for a practice run so I will run it blind on race day. Hopefully not as Blind as a bat.

Is there any new sections which has been added on all the stages from the last race. I cant make it there for a practice run so I will run it blind on race day. Hopefully not as Blind as a bat.

Sean, it's all the same as before. There have a few improvements made to existing lines (berms etc) though. There will quite a bit of different stuff added for the next event - possibly even a new line :)

Sean, it's all the same as before. There have a few improvements made to existing lines (berms etc) though. There will quite a bit of different stuff added for the next event - possibly even a new line :)

There is the one new section on SP4. nothing to worry about though. :thumbup:

Hi Johan, had a lekker ride on peppercorn  Saturday, what a blast..... one lightly sprained ankle and two eina wrists.......  :thumbup:  I approve.

There is the one new section on SP4. nothing to worry about though. :thumbup:

Thanks see you all on Sunday. Now just to remember not to drink to much on Sat night at the 40th eish.

Thanks see you all on Sunday. Now just to remember not to drink to much on Sat night at the 40th eish.

It will probably make stage 2 more pleasant and smoother  :thumbup:

Archived