Recommend me a Helmet

fanievb

It's time for me to buy a new helmet.

The rudy project zuma I bought a year ago is finished and the agents/lbs can't supply a new inner, nor the crap little thinga majigs that hold the straps together.

I sweat like a pig and need something with lots of vents to keep my head cool and a crash replacement warranty.

budget around R 1800 - R 2000

Any recommendations?

i just bought the Kask Mojito, very comfortable helmet! R2100 is RR, but you can find it cheaper. in fact i know there is a white/red Medium one going for R1650. pm me if this interests you.

its not uber light, but its lekker on the kop!

before this i had a Uvex, its still in great condition, the padding i found to be a bit hard.

i imagine a helmet is personal preference, i have a skinny head. thus most of the Giros i cant wear.

horses for courses

Edited by Furbz

fanievb, got to agree with you - my zuma inner has also disintegrated and the crap little thinga majigs have also broken.

I was in the market to buy Rudy Project Windmax and by chance just tried on a Specialized Prevail helmet.

The fit was way better than the Windmax. I also read that you sweat alot, you'll find all Spez helmets have great ventilation.

But,I must add that all heads are unique so what fits me well may not fit your head well..

Specialized Prevail. Super light and very comfortable.

And try a Buff. I never believed in a Buff. Tried it once. Haven't not used it since.

You cant go wrong with Spez helmets.

My propero is going strong after 3 years and I believe you can still get spares.

Would fit into your budget as well.

Don't know much, but have used many, many "helmuts"

now at the Expo i got a "no name" one for R 440.00. (Rapid Sports are bringing them in)

A bargain if I say so myself. but wait, there is more!! It only weights 230g and had many vents. It is way cooler than my Bell, 120g lighter, and more than R 1k less.

Looking at the construction I believe it is as good as most of the middle of the road lids out there.

Granted sponge inserts may be an issue but at that price the whole helmet costs less than the sponges anyway.

The rudy project zuma I bought a year ago is finished and the agents/lbs can't supply a new inner, nor the crap little thinga majigs that hold the straps together.

I sweat like a pig and need something with lots of vents to keep my head cool and a crash replacement warranty.

Any recommendations?

Spez prevail. nuff said.

Ekt al bell gery, spez 2D, rudy windmax(disliked a lot).

Niks beat die Spez se lip(vent) nie.

jy kan hom leun vir n ride en dan besluit. ek sal seker maak hy is super skoon. of jy kan my windmax koop vir n paar bokke.

Any recommendations?

catlike pappa, catlike. en hulle lyk cool.