Commute

Angel

With the start of Spring, I thought it a good time to start commuting to work this morning.  Surprised to see no other cyclists on the road, except for the occassional "dikwiel".  Will do a longer route in the afternoon to get more training miles in.

In the city centre of Pretoria.  Quite hectic to navigate peak traffic, especially in Hamilton and then in Pretorius streets. 

I stay in Alberton and work in Sandton. Hectic enough to dodge the taxis in my car. Won't dare to be on that road with my bike.

Better believe it, been on The Hub SA all day no jokes......

Only two days left, start new job Monday so i'm in stealth mode, how u feeling?????

Well I did a small trip from Bronhorstspruit to the University of Pretoria once. Then they broke up the road. Was about 54 km to work and 60 km back

Still sounds pretty hairy to take on the rest of the potential problems with commuting like hi-jacking, vendors, etc.

and thats not including traffic, which is manageable I think

In the beginning it was frightening.  Seems like the motorists were more considerate this morning, makes it a lot easier.  Will see how it goes on my way home this afternoon. 

this reminds me.... i need to liaise with droster to re-start commuting.... randburg to braamfontein (for me) and further for him!