Steepest hills thread??

Mads

Bellvue Street, Cape Town, joins Kloof Street to Kloof Nek Road.

Not sure what the gradient it but it's uber steep!

Anyone ridden it?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maniax, you should also be able to find detail on Strava or the likes.

It's not a major climb, but quite more significant than e.g. Bothmas. It is about 500m asc over 15km. (Not analytically done, just off the cuff.) And like Mads said, that last bit up from Wellington side... you just FLY!

It will add a nice bite into that ride of yours. (I trust you're not doing it alone...even if just for mechanicals! Ask him who had to phone his wife recently! :blush: )

Maniax, you should also be able to find detail on Strava or the likes.

It's not a major climb, but quite more significant than e.g. Bothmas. It is about 500m asc over 15km. (Not analytically done, just off the cuff.) And like Mads said, that last bit up from Wellington side... you just FLY!

It will add a nice bite into that ride of yours. (I trust you're not doing it alone...even if just for mechanicals! Ask him who had to phone his wife recently! :blush: )

Yep, I usually ride with a group of friends or my father-in-law. Thanks! After my crash last year (see the thread Thank you Specialized) my wife refuses to let me out on my own....

Anyone ridden it?

Yeah, my buddy fell over

Need a granny' for that one

Yeah, my buddy fell over

Need a granny' for that one

Lucky for me I was on my 29er shocks locked out gears in full granny!

Does anyone have the distance and gradient of Rusty Gate, Epic stage 5?

Epic website says 5 km at an average of 10%.

That is one mean one

Is it open to the public?

And the tar straight up to Rhodes memorial? Short but nasty!

I ride that one regularly - from the Liesbeek River (Ravensberg Ave), which is UPHILL to Newlands Ave, then UPHILL along Princess Anne (next to Prez's house) to the base of Rhodes Mem Street, then up RM street (offroad on the pavement) to the sharp turn, where I veer left and then go straight up the Table Mtn MTB Route...all the way to Tafelberg Road and the Cable Car. I then head back along the lower route.

Strava measures it as 32km's with 1488m of climbing.

Anyone got the stats of Bainskloof between Wellington and Ceres. That one is on my to do list.

Total climb is about 12km long from Wellington's side. Ave gradient is 3.9% Max about 7.2%

Total ascent is about 447m

Anyone ridden it?

Looking forward to trying

Anybody know or have done the route from N2 on the Grabouw side up to the radio mast on the Northern side of Sir Lowry's pass? It's a tar road as far as I can see all the way to the top. Is their an access gate you have to put your bike over and are we allowed to ride it?