The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm keen for an easy run in Groenies Saturday or Sunday am if anyone wants to join, about 11k but may do a bit more if I feel good 

I went for my 1st run in about a month yesterday, about 2km in my feet had pins and needles so badly that I had to walk here and there, not that it helped. This morning I ran and now my toes still have pins and needles. My laces are mot to tight. What could cause this?

<script language='javascript'> </script>

I went for my 1st run in about a month yesterday, about 2km in my feet had pins and needles so badly that I had to walk here and there, not that it helped. This morning I ran and now my toes still have pins and needles. My laces are mot to tight. What could cause this?

Probably calf tightness, what offset are you running with?

Probably calf tightness, what offset are you running with?

Offset? Could be, my calves were pulling a bit. These are my regular shoes and it has never happned...

I'm keen for an easy run in Groenies Saturday or Sunday am if anyone wants to join, about 11k but may do a bit more if I feel good

Saturday morning?

Any of you guys ever been down at Giba Gorge? Will be down there the next two weeks for work and will not be able to take the mtb with. Hope they will allow you to run the trails.

Sounds good but will be early to avoid the heat. 6am?

Anyone else? 

Hundreds. Will be cool with a few more guys... 

Ja nee. Who's joining us? Can't be all talk and no running here guys  ;)

Come to Avianto on Sunday ;)

Ja nee. Who's joining us? Can't be all talk and no running here guys  ;)

I need to check how the legs feel, started a training program on Monday that requires I do 5km each morning, so far the legs feel fine however don't know how they are going to feel Sat morning

I need to check how the legs feel, started a training program on Monday that requires I do 5km each morning, so far the legs feel fine however don't know how they are going to feel Sat morning

Its going to be a chilled run so I'm sue you'll be fine. the scenery makes up for the sore legs anyways!

Come to Avianto on Sunday ;)

I'm not one for these short races to be honest. R160 or so entry plus travel time and cost for such a short race and then it's buffed out trails don't interest me.  Rather put my Groenies ticket to work ;) 

Its going to be a chilled run so I'm sue you'll be fine. the scenery makes up for the sore legs anyways!

Which route do you guys want to do?