Update: New SRAM (not Avid) brakes revealed, say goodbye to Elixirs (Avid?)

Claudio

I just bought Elixirs.......yesterday!!....... :(

Relax Mate. Target date in the US is July 2014 according to Pinkbike. Edited by TALUS

I just bought Elixirs.......yesterday!!....... :(

avids are simple to adjust and easy to live with - nothing to worry about here mate - learn em and love em - they're lightweight and straight forward - those new brakes IMO look fairly bulky on the bar?

I agree with Cap. That lever looks as though it's from a juicy 7.

dont suppose you have a internal section view/ cut away of the Juicy range of brakes? want to see how different it is internally to the new brakes. SRAM Guide.... bit of an odd name.

PB responded to a comment of mine, in which they confirmed it blows the socks off X0 Trail.

NOw that is quite some statement, because frankly, the difference between XO Trails and Codes is practically zero in terms of stopping force.

internally, it looks like Juicy brakes as well, excluding the obvious additions like reach adust, and the new cam system to change the lever 'feel'.

http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/sram-avid-xx-world-cup-brakes03-600x450.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got some Xo trails and they are absolutely wicked.

How much are they going for, if I may ask? They look to be exactly what I want.