Human Rights Day Swim rescheduled

sluiper

Just in case any of you missed it, the Human Rights Day Swim that was supposed to happen on the 21st is now happening on the 30th.

There's a 3km swim which should be a nice warm up for next week's Ironman.

post-32108-0-43666000-1395912679_thumb.jpg

3 mile, Camps Bay, nice warmup, no wetsuits.

Wotya smoking Sluiper?

You guys use wetsuits?

Ha ha, sorry, meant to write 3 mile :)

I'll be using a wetsuit. There are some very brave (read: insane) guys that will be doing the swim without wetsuits.

meh that's nothing! (wifey is on the boat supporting some lunatic who's doing false bay crossing this weekend, speedo and goggles & Sharks)

There fixed it for you

meh that's nothing! (wifey is on the boat supporting some lunatic who's doing false bay crossing this weekend, speedo and goggles)

Who is doing the crossing? Is there enough time crossing in daylight or is the plan to swim a part of it in the dark?

Who is doing the crossing?

this guy!

Is there enough time crossing in daylight or is the plan to swim a part of it in the dark?

depends how fast you go i guess!

1989 - Annemie Landmeters (Belgium) - Rooi Els to Simonstown - 9 hours 56 minutes

15 February 2004 - Steven Klugman (South Africa) - Rooi Els to Miller's Point - 14 hours 15 minutes

26 February 2006 - Carina Bruwer (South Africa) - Rooi Els to Miller's Point - 11 hours 58 minutes

5 March 2007 - Barend Nortje (South Africa) - Rooi Els to Miller's Point - 9 hours 33 minutes

30 December 2012 - Ned Denison (Ireland) - Rooi Els to Miller's point - 11 hours 5 minutes

this guy!

1989 - Annemie Landmeters (Belgium) - Rooi Els to Simonstown - 9 hours 56 minutes

15 February 2004 - Steven Klugman (South Africa) - Rooi Els to Miller's Point - 14 hours 15 minutes

26 February 2006 - Carina Bruwer (South Africa) - Rooi Els to Miller's Point - 11 hours 58 minutes

5 March 2007 - Barend Nortje (South Africa) - Rooi Els to Miller's Point - 9 hours 33 minutes

30 December 2012 - Ned Denison (Ireland) - Rooi Els to Miller's point - 11 hours 5 minutes

That is the way to do it!

The crossing I followed was Steven Klugman's and he ran out of daylight. I dont want to swim those waters in the dark!!

Edited by hopefield

this guy!

Wow. Some next level craziness out there.

Just out of interest: why do they swim to Miller's Point and not to Cape Point?

Wow. Some next level craziness out there.

Just out of interest: why do they swim to Miller's Point and not to Cape Point?

maybe the sharks

even with a wetsuite it is cold.everything that sticks out is sort of puffy and frozen after a while.