CAPE EPIC - 29er vs 27.5

Fabian46

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't encourage him, laugh at the newbie and have a beer.

It's Friday.

BTW

The level of technicality is nowhere close to XCO level...so they throw in some technical single track, and all of a sudden....no one else can ride it well except Schurter and Buys??

again...Newbie?

Edited by Fabian46

So what are the opinions regarding the performance of the 29ers vs the 27.5's at the EPIC.

Many have said that the difference is minimal between the 26" and 27.5"...but the 27.5"'s are right up there.

Any care to give some "half" educated opinions?

The bike that wins is the best bike.

It actually has nothing to do with the riders.

I will go with a 700c wheel and big tyres for the win.

Newbie?

14 posts and you create a 29er vs 27.5" thread.

Newbie, if you don't understand it reaffirms the statement.

Then again it is Friday so I will say this. Sportsmans warehouse sells a 32" wheeled bicycle which is the next big thing. Get one before they go up n price due to popularity.

If that were the case...we'd still have top guys on 26ers... :whistling:

Its the rider not the wheels..

tall people on 650b's/26rs dont work, similar to short people on 29r's.. find your match and you can excel. Its the rider at the end of the day.

I see plenty of shorties doing fine on 29ers and tall okes on sixers/650 - So much wheel size BS from bike adverts advertising sprouted as fact...

The bike is more than just wheel size ... you get good, great and K@K bikes in all the various wheel formats.

14 posts and you create a 29er vs 27.5" thread.

Newbie, if you don't understand it reaffirms the statement.

Then again it is Friday so I will say this. Sportsmans warehouse sells a 32" wheeled bicycle which is the next big thing. Get one before they go up n price due to popularity.

With all due respect...u have selective reading. And if this thread caused you such severe piles, why did you comment?

I was specifically referring to these 2 in the CAPE EPIC.

Now go and take the thorn out of your paw...or Climb back under the bridge....or....just ignore the thread...not that difficult. Your clearly a pro cyclist that knows everything there is to know about cycling....sorry to bore you... :thumbup:

Don't encourage him, laugh at the newbie and have a beer.

It's Friday.

LOL ... just for reference on our rides home on Fridays we now include a beer ride section ... and yes it is just that .... drink beer while you ride.

BTW

The level of technicality is nowhere close to XCO level...so they throw in some technical single track, and all of a sudden....nowhere else can ride it well except Schurter and Buys??

again...Newbie?

Have you ever seen how that Burry chap used to ride tech sections (proper tech) on his 29'er ... and he was no giant (In the physical sense, but not in the awesomeness sense) .... it comes down to rider, rider, rider, rider with a small degree of assistance from the wheelsize should that wheel size benefit that riders style of riding.

Have you ever seen how that Burry chap used to ride tech sections (proper tech) on his 29'er ... and he was no giant (In the physical sense, but not in the awesomeness sense) .... it comes down to rider, rider, rider, rider with a small degree of assistance from the wheelsize should that wheel size benefit that riders style of riding.

Agree 1000%

I don't think we can use pros as a guide on what to ride.. they are a different breed altogether.

You ride what works for you. And what works for me is my zula 27.5 :) I am comfy on it and I have a whole lotta fun

I don't think we can use pros as a guide on what to ride.. they are a different breed altogether.

You ride what works for you. And what works for me is my zula 27.5 :) I am comfy on it and I have a whole lotta fun

my 26 full suss and 29 HT works for me too

Hairy, don't forget how important the tyre tread pattern and chain lube brand are as well. When you factor those in, Nino and Phil clearly have an advantage - They are like Honey Badgers on White Lightening out there.

Hairy, don't forget how important the tyre tread pattern and chain lube brand are as well. When you factor those in, Nino and Phil clearly have an advantage - They are like Honey Badgers on White Lightening out there.

And carbon bottle cage....

With all due respect...u have selective reading. And if this thread caused you such severe piles, why did you comment?

I was specifically referring to these 2 in the CAPE EPIC.

Now go and take the thorn out of your paw...or Climb back under the bridge....or....just ignore the thread...not that difficult. Your clearly a pro cyclist that knows everything there is to know about cycling....sorry to bore you... :thumbup:

As a Newbie to thehubsa, you might not know that today is Fight Club Friday (Happens every Friday)

my 26 full suss and 29 HT works for me too

Riding my first 650B at the moment and so far it has been great.... will only really see the difference when I jump back on a 26er following this, but do no think the difference in feel will be huge.... it is not like when I used to get on the 26er after riding the 29er or visa versa where the feeling of wheel size was very evident.