Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

According to the transcript above AA knew he was getting a Grey...

Andrew: “You can do any test you like. You’ve never ever told me – even in your letters you wrote ’it’s a grey import’ you never ever said it was fake.”

Andrew said in a much earlier post that the shop tried to claim it was a grey import only when he confronted them about it being fake. Could be wrong but it was maaaaaaaany pages ago.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew: “You can do any test you like. You’ve never ever told me – even in your letters you wrote ’it’s a grey import’ you never ever said it was fake.”

CS said it was "grey" denying it was fake. AA never said he wanted a "grey".

The way i read it, AA never knew it was fake or grey until he was told by the bike shop in Australia, on querying it with CS he was told it was grey however he knew it was not, in the interview he stated although sounding miffed at it being grey he would not have asked for his money back but being fake he wanted it.

Lost in translation, and volume. The letters AA refers to was correspondence after the fact. He purchased a thoroughbred Pina (and paid accordingly), he sent them an "indignant" text from down under advising them he had discovered the bike was FAKE, CS replied that "he knew the bike was a grey import" (although their invoice doesn't support this pertinent fact).

CS lies and spin, nothing more.

He was only told that it was a grey import after he began to question the bikes authenticity.

Shall I say more than others before me? You've been here all along, Jack - are your reading and understanding skills suffering there in Schweitzland?

OK - I finally watched the insert.

ASG came out well. They owe AA nothing. He knew he was buying a grey import (not a fake, notice) so he absolved them of any responsibility in the matter. However, they inspected his bike for him and the other parts, so good on them.

As for Cycle Science... Wow. I could not believe these two guys performed like that on TV. Ronald Biggs and Al Capone could not have looked and sounded more guilty and less convincing. They sold cr@p to people, they know it, they admit it and they try to wriggle out of any culpability. The bit where they phoned 'Colin' and asked him if he know is bike was a fake was classic!

Macca, you've set the cat amongst the pigeons unnecessarily.

Andrew: “They said that I knew all along that it was a grey import.”

Devi : “ Is that true? Did you know that it was a grey import?”

Andrew: “No, I didn’t know. If it was a grey import, I would have kept it – because as long as it was a genuine Pinarello, or genuine Swiss DT wheels. But the fact is that there was nothing genuine about it. It was all fake.”

Naughty Macca :whistling:

can't believe they opened their mouths the way they did. They outrightly copped to selling fakes. Must be of the dommest 'skelms' i've seen in a while. Wonder how long before they close up shop.

Then again, it would be interesting to see how many of their customers actually ordered fakes from them, and they just took it too far by conning unsuspecting buyers. Will be hard to find anyone actually honest enough to admit they knowingly ordered fakes. in fact, now would be a great time to play stupid and claim money back.

What's the mark-up on a genuine Pina?

Edited by Capricorn

Whats a new Dogma retail for?? I see there is a second hand one in classified section going for R100 000. Surely AA must realise that for R91 000 (R10k cheaper than 2nd hand) that something is off?? just saying!

Anybody have a link to the video segment available for us plebs that did not watch or record it?

Its on the CB facebook page. You can watch it there.

Whats a new Dogma retail for?? I see there is a second hand one in classified section going for R100 000. Surely AA must realise that for R91 000 (R10k cheaper than 2nd hand) that something is off?? just saying!

Another Johnny-come-lately Noob. This has been debated ad-nauseum before you happened along. Heard of discount, and specials, and varying component prices, and emotional purchases? Read the thread, all 130 pages. What's your connection to Cycle Science?

Macca, you've set the cat amongst the pigeons unnecessarily.

Andrew: “They said that I knew all along that it was a grey import.”

Devi : “ Is that true? Did you know that it was a grey import?”

Andrew: “No, I didn’t know. If it was a grey import, I would have kept it – because as long as it was a genuine Pinarello, or genuine Swiss DT wheels. But the fact is that there was nothing genuine about it. It was all fake.”

Naughty Macca :whistling:

My apologies. I thought it was known to be a grey import. :blush:

The point I was trying to make is that it is not ASG's problem to solve as some have been intimating.