Mudguard (Marsh Guard?) Epic bikes

koukie

I saw a small mudguard on I think it was Arianne's Spez epic during the mud stage, I wonder if it was a Marsh Guard or another brand?

I would like to get myself one but I think Marsh Guards are made for downhill bikes?

I would like to get myself one but I think Marsh Guards are made for downhill bikes?

What makes you think that?

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb9572281/p4pb9572281.jpg

Regardless it'll fit on any fork. The only issue you may have is with Manitou's reverse arch (I only say his as I have not tried it on Manitou forks).

AFAIK they are not 26, 27.5 or 29 specific either :whistling:

Guest Omega Man

I have one on both of my bikes. I don't even bother taking it off. It weighs less than a chainstay protector.

Not DH specific. Neither 26, 27.5 or 29er specific.

Edited by Omega Man

Make your own

No need for a thick plastic as in the previous posts.

Use a plastic file folder cover, easy to cut and easier to bend than the thick plastic, also last plenty well.

I have made many, use them a lot, and given to friends, easy.

What makes you think that?

Regardless it'll fit on any fork. The only issue you may have is with Manitou's reverse arch (I only say his as I have not tried it on Manitou forks).

AFAIK they are not 26, 27.5 or 29 specific either :whistling:

Do they make any for enduro?

Edited by Rata Del Spruit

Do they make any for enduro?

The enduro ones promise to make you quicker and are twice the price.

If I were you I'd just go with the DH or XC option ;)

I have one of the mucky nuts replicas on my bike. It has a slightly extended front portion that is supposed to help with stuff thrown forward by the tire. It ensures that you don't ride into anything that you fling forward (BIG problem if you run big tires and ride in mud / wet sand)

Momsen has something similar to the marsh guard, I have one on my bike:

I bought 3 Momsen's for my bike (not Momsens)- 2 got trashed on Sani2c and I eventualy got rid of the 3rd - - they are so flimsy they are not worth the hassle of trying to fit them to any othrt bike but a Momsen

Just saying :whistling:

I have one of the mucky nuts replicas on my bike. It has a slightly extended front portion that is supposed to help with stuff thrown forward by the tire. It ensures that you don't ride into anything that you fling forward (BIG problem if you run big tires and ride in mud / wet sand)

PhatTrikes was making something similar (personalised too)

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/84043-personalized-mud-guards/

PhatTrikes was making something similar (personalised too)

http://www.thehubsa....zed-mud-guards/

Exactly the same shape. Works well (when I ride, that is)

Would probably be better to make it out of a less rigid plastic, so it doesn't crack as easily. Like the plastic that those clear jerry cans are made of. Polyprop I think... Not too well versed on the properties of different plastics anymore.