Stolen KTM Myroon Master - Cape Epic Finish

Bicycleman

Hello Everyone..

After watching the race the morning, I offered to take a friends bike home with me to have it boxed and sent to Johannesburg.

Put it on my bike rack around 2pm., and then went back to the finish to see another friend finish.

Was gutted to see that the bike was stolen off my rack when I got to my car to leave..

As can be expected the car guards didn't see anything, their excuse being, there was so many bikes around that it's hard to spot the buggers.. Can appreciate that.

If anyone sees or hears about a bike like this being sold, please let me know. There aren't many of them around.

Description :

2013 KTM Myroon Master.

Full carbon hardtail

Full XT

Fox fork

Got the serial number and 1/2 other identifiable things, so if found.. please advise.

post-16263-0-80951000-1396340036_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bicycleman

This is the 2nd one to be stolen at the same venue same date.

These are obviously the same guys!

word I have for these okes will get me a warning point for sure. Eish

Vang hulle en hang hulle aan hulle balle op!!!!

This is the 2nd one to be stolen at the same venue same date.

These are obviously the same guys!

no, it is the second one we know of, reported on the hub. There may be many others..

Almost took my bike back to my bakkie after the race... luckily I decided against it.

Event organisers should start looking at proper car guards with dogs that just patrol the cars/bikes.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but if it's not locked you get zero sympathy from me(ok maybe a little).

Not the car guards fault if there's no forced entry/breakages. Are they expected to remember who put what bike on which car?

My wife and I actually chatted about all the bikes on the back of cars just hanging without any means of security. Some of the bikes I saw like this were at least R40k and up. This was on cars parked easily 1km from the crowds so you basically walk past, grab the bike, pop it on the back of a bakkie and off you go.

Edited by MeridaHFS aka Bulls

Maybe I'm being harsh, but if it's not locked you get zero sympathy from me(ok maybe a little).

Not the car guards fault if there's no forced entry/breakages. Are they expected to remember who put what bike on which car?

I agree, if you don't lock your bike (properly) you are a fool, but its also not to difficult to cut through a cable/chain... if there are no guards.

Trying to remember every owner is impossible... but by them actually walking up & down through the parked cars they might pick up suspicious people wondering around or something.

it just sucks that wherever we go, opportunists aren't far away. We go away to get away from them, and they just follow.

Im getting so sick of this.

Sorry to hear it guys, hope you catch the culprits.

Same happened to me... So I share your pain... And I reported mine to the security before 2'o clock and by then there was already one reported stolen, so at least they had to be more vigilant!!!

So, now at least three cases it seems...

Interesting similarities on specs, coincidence?

• 29"
  • Carbon frame
  • XT Groupset
  • Fox Shock
  • DTswiss wheels.

Let me know if you have any luck please, I'll do the same... Let's hope someone see the bikes somewhere...

Halmar.

PS. I logged my details and marked my bike as stolen on:

http://www.nbrza.co.za/

I don't know how active this site is being used but it may help...

Edited by Halmar