ABSA Cape Epic 2015

Sasquatch

Guest notmyname

I hope Rourke and Travis are ready to push today. They only have a few seconds on Lil and Woolcock.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should have been 4 wp yesterday.

Seems organizers made some noise last night too...

there they go selling executive hotel packages again... tsk tsk. 

I think today should be interesting, if Topeak has any chance of making this a race they will have to make a serious move today. 

I think that is the plan, but the Specialized guys are very strong, so it will have to be a very big move if they want to pull it off.

Absa Cape Epic : one more 2nd place. Just infront of Specialized and behind Team Scott the winners of today.

We attacked on the last short climbs, but unfortunately it didn't worked out to get some time between us and Specialized. 

Tomorrow we try again...

13424_802169169865826_566519993983117689

Today's stage looks brutal! If there is any chance of big movement in the GC it will be today, I don't forsee Songo working too hard, let the chasers make the pace, today is the perfect stage for one of the non GC contenders to make a dash for glory, it will be unlikely that the CG contenders will chase down a breakaway.

If all else fails Jaro can push Suzie again!!!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

Ja, I think if the ever was any doubt on Jaro's ability it has been definitively laid to rest.

He is very much like a young Sauser, my goodness the boy has an engine of note!

Ja, I think if the ever was any doubt on Jaro's ability it has been definitively laid to rest.

He is very much like a young Sauser, my goodness the boy has an engine of note!

He does, those 2 are both amazingly gifted riders. 

CAhQQIBW4AAFxrW.jpg

Another shot of USNSA in the lead from the helicopter... Rourke Croeser Travis Walker

RACE 7:55 @USNSA have 30sec. Main group @investecam_sa @TeamTopeakErgon 1&2 @centurionvaude ReCM AEI @TeamBulls Merida Scott Red-E

RACE 8:10 @TeamTopeakErgon have a mechanical. Their back up team arrives. Wheel swap and they're back on

Saw on the "highlights" (lowlights?) last night that on the one climbs everybody was pushing, and here comes Jaro, spinning up the climb as if he is on a recovery ride.

CAhQQIBW4AAFxrW.jpg

Another shot of USNSA in the lead from the helicopter... Rourke Croeser Travis Walker

RACE 7:55 @USNSA have 30sec. Main group @investecam_sa @TeamTopeakErgon 1&2 @centurionvaude ReCM AEI @TeamBulls Merida Scott Red-E

It's amazing how the stage winners are almost never near the front for the first 20 k's or so.

odd question for you guys - but how they getting up bains kloof ? using the old road ? or custom made track ?

https://nictwohands.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/my-stage-1-bogey-continues/

So heard some sinister reason for the nic lomond column getting pulled off cape times last minute, they're not devoting a single inch of paper to it. Not even results. The good doctor needs to get looser undies

Cannot remember when last I bought a newspaper, long time since the vendors on street corners were pulled. For such a long time newspapers, the editors and owners of these once great businesses were feared by politicians and others, they just seem to be clinging to past glories as the sun sets on their industry. Amazed that the Cape Times/DA spat even made the news!

odd question for you guys - but how they getting up bains kloof ? using the old road ? or custom made track ?

Sure it would be the road, not any other tracks through there that I know of

Archived