Cycle Lab CT closing down (temporarily)

CleatsnCleavage

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be worth the effort to drive to Westlake branch to have your bike serviced by Shafiek ( shock and wheelbuilder extraordinaire) who will be based there now.

i've found Revolution Cycles great, parking can be an issue but then I work a block away so very convenient for me. A LBS within ear shout is worth its weight in gold.

ACTION CYCLES

I could tell you more about bike shops in CT when and if you actually pitch for a commute home.......

Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

Johannesburg, Gauteng, 4 April 2014 – Cycle Lab announces the permanent closure of their Cape Town branch

Cycle Lab recently broke the news that they would be permanently closing their Cape Town branch, situated on the corner of Buitengracht and Hout Street, on Saturday 10 May.

While the move may surprise consumers, the retailer has plans to bring the Cycle Lab Megastore Experience to Cape Town and the current store is simply not large enough to house the retail experience offered by the new Cycle Lab brand.

The new Cycle Lab Megastore, in Cape Town, will be opening later in the year and according to Lloyd Waldeck, CEO of Cycle Lab, the new store will offer a shopping experience unlike anything seen before in the Cape, “the upgrade of our Fourways Megastore has been well received and we are excited to bring the same experience to Cape Town later this year. With the Cape Town CBD store closing on 10 May 2014 the Cape Town team will be undergoing extensive training over the next few months and will be key in delivering a truly world class experience when we re-open. The new Cape Town Megastore will have the widest range of bikes, accessories, clothing and repair services in the Western Cape, all offered at internationally competitive prices.”

Mr. Waldeck was also quick to remind customers affected by the closure that there are other stores in the Cape Town area that they can make use of, “We remind customers that we have several franchise stores in the area who will gladly service your needs during the ensuing winter months”.

Cycle Lab has promised to put their best foot forward when launching their new megastore and assures consumers that the staff will be highly skilled and knowledgeable, offering consumers a world class retail experience.

The new Cycle Lab Megastore, in Cape Town, will be opening later in the year and according to Lloyd Waldeck, CEO of Cycle Lab, the new store will offer a shopping experience unlike anything seen before in the Cape,

One of those little test tracks would go down well.

Epic is great, I've not had great experiences with JOC on the mechanic side of things, CWC is alway consistent with bargains and great service.

Personally I use Adri (a hubber & known as The Professor) based down in Tokai area for servicing. His work is 100% all the time, never had a bike back less than perfect.

Pity, was a great shop! The reason I used to go there was because it had the small lbs feeling. Got to know the guys and they were always willing to help out.

I think that will be lost when it becomes another mega store

Here a question: Where is the best shop to buy cycle clothing. I usually buy online but prefer walking in to a store to have a look. been to anatomic but find their clothing a bit low quality(no disrespect to them) just not for me and some stores do not have a wide range. Any suggestions?

I truly wish it was an April's Fool joke but I don't think the guys at Cycle Lab Cape Town are that way inclined. So I only heard yesterday that Steve Bowman, my guru of all things cycling, had left Cycle Lab for Omnico (well done Omnico), but when I called the branch now to enquire about something they tell me the store closes in May until much later in the year (was too in shock to register the month).

It will also be at a different location. Pretty bummed as in a year of cycling I have used 4 different cycle shops and was really happy with Cycle Lab CT, plus the location and parking were great. I guess my options are now Chris Willemse in Green Point or Revolution Cycles. Any other suggestions?

This after only realising on my way to work this morning that yesterday was Gareth Cliff's last show. This day is fast proving to be worse than a Monday.

My day just got better with Gareth moving on, maybe cellar is next?