Tokai Volunteer build day - 05 April, 9am

(Deon)

9am-1pm/3pm - First volunteer build day for 2014 and it's going to be a good one!

We will be building a divert where the Vasbyt trail crosses Downhill 3.

post-13110-0-58939600-1396521021_thumb.png

The plan is to build a berm - a good one - to keep speed and offer some safety for the potential of riders colliding, which I can still not believe has never happened given the amount of close calls!

Come when you can but plan to leave at 3pm. Something special lined up for after - best to work up an appetite!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a hot spot!

(I'll be there, but I may just ground the bloody minions and confine them to the loving ministrations of their mother for ruining my holiday plans.)

Yeah, I do... trying to organize baby sitters...

I have 2 teenagers I want to embarrass, so you can have them for free as baby sitters! On second thoughts, currently I wouldn't trust them enough to let them look after a rock garden. You have seen the kind of machetes the one Little D brings to build days, so the offer comes with an indemnity form to be filled in triplicate. ;) :D

Cool, se we meet at the gate at 9.

I have a very sick dog at home so am on call, he's fighting for his life so may need to leave in the day... the phone better not ring!

Cool, se we meet at the gate at 9.

I have a very sick dog at home so am on call, he's fighting for his life so may need to leave in the day... the phone better not ring!

Whats up with you dog?

again, poor advertising of the results of the efforts. Pics > mumblings... :P

Entry into divert:

post-6789-0-93980900-1396809315_thumb.jpg post-6789-0-18139100-1396809324_thumb.jpg

Divert almost in its entirety:

post-6789-0-05215000-1396809363_thumb.jpg

tiny kicker into exit berm:

post-6789-0-48351100-1396809420_thumb.jpg

Thanks Cap

i'm sure y'all already know, but DH 3 along the road is in poor shape in places, with holes big enough to swallow a wheel, or getting there in a hurry. I stuffed some of the holes with rocks.

There's a log/pole that's in the middle of the trail and running parallel to it. Might need to be removed as it deflects wheels nicely. That part of the track is turning into one long rut.

TBH, its not a problem. Yet. But will require some grading or filling in at some point.

Guest Omega Man

Thanks mate... Pissed I couldn't make it, but priorities are priorities. Seems it wasn't a great turnout in the end though.

Family first.

Ja pretty small. Pity cos Deon organised a cooked lunch for all the volunteers. There were a few cameo appearances so it wasn't all that bad.

Anyways we got done what needed to be done. It's gonna be dry this week. I hope it doesn't get torn to pieces. We should ask CBC for beer donations for our next build. They did support a team in the Epic and I am rather partial to their Pilsner.

Are you Listening CBC?

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

i'm sure y'all already know, but DH 3 along the road is in poor shape in places, with holes big enough to swallow a wheel, or getting there in a hurry. I stuffed some of the holes with rocks.

There's a log/pole that's in the middle of the trail and running parallel to it. Might need to be removed as it deflects wheels nicely. That part of the track is turning into one long rut.

TBH, its not a problem. Yet. But will require some grading or filling in at some point.

Ja. We need to get in there stat. But with Bennet doing work on Vasbyt this month maybe we can do work on the DH.

Thoughts people?