• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Christmas prezzie from me to me.

29r GT Timberline 2015 Edition

That bike looks electric.

Starting to like this one. Nice Slack HA, decent travel...

Maybe one day...

Gees, what a looker.

Maybe one day...

I also love the design. Just wish they would make a 29er.

Maybe one day...

From this in 1974:

post-1099-0-43071000-1422762822_thumb.jpg

To This, they have come a long way:

post-49975-0-97757100-1422612575.jpg

Edited by javadude

Hey! Nice ???? Is this your first GT?

I am not familiar with the Timberline series? Is it alloy?

May you have much fun. Generally GT's are pretty agile.

Yeah! This is my first GT. Had a choice of this or a cheaper brand called Oryx if memory serves me correctly. Decided to go with the GT after reading reviews. The timberline model Is very basic and from what I gather is designed for beginners offering a very good frame for upgrades later down the line.

Yes the hike has an alloy frame (don't ask me which alloy though) she is lighter than my old Avalanche AX 175 though although I believe small cars may have been lighter.

Been an adjustment to get used to the 29" wheels purely from a length perspective I have found cornering to be a bit of a mission otherwise I couldn't be happier with her. So far I have only done a few cycles around the Rietvlei nature reserve in Pta. Looking to take a cycle down to Groenkloof as I hear that is the place to be.

Well I just got myself a GT 1.0 Avalanche . Picked up a decent 2012 model 2nd hand. Have not rode a bike in a long time! So this is me starting out . . .... Watch this space post-71312-1422813437,3066.jpg

post-71312-1422813451,0707.jpg

Yeah! This is my first GT. Had a choice of this or a cheaper brand called Oryx if memory serves me correctly. Decided to go with the GT after reading reviews. The timberline model Is very basic and from what I gather is designed for beginners offering a very good frame for upgrades later down the line.

Yes the hike has an alloy frame (don't ask me which alloy though) she is lighter than my old Avalanche AX 175 though although I believe small cars may have been lighter.

Been an adjustment to get used to the 29" wheels purely from a length perspective I have found cornering to be a bit of a mission otherwise I couldn't be happier with her. So far I have only done a few cycles around the Rietvlei nature reserve in Pta. Looking to take a cycle down to Groenkloof as I hear that is the place to be.

Well I hope you enjoy many miles with the GT. my love for mountain biking, and the trails, started with my entry level, Scott Aspect... Some really fun times. Upgrading is cool, but not necessary to just love riding...

Getting used to the 29er wheels takes a little time... Are you a new rider, or just new to 29ers?

One thing I found made a massive difference on my start to 29ers was tyre pressure... I was running way too hard, resulting in my wheels jumping about and losing traction on the corners. I am now running my wheels around 2 bar (30 psi), which increases traction a lot.

I'm not from PTA, but have heard that wolwespruit and rosemary hill are also good fun over there...

• 1 month later...

Here is mine. Having a bit of adjustment issues but will give her more attention after the CTCT.

Here is mine. Having a bit of adjustment issues but will give her more attention after the CTCT.

No pic

Stealth mode.