Breede MTB - 12 April

Rydogg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone going to do this one this Saturday?

http://www.breedemtb.co.za/

I wouldn't mind sharing a lift with someone. I stay in Table View and have enough space for 2 more people...

yay i just posted this on another forum and a kind hubber directed me to you. Lets do this!

Always a nice ride and atmosphere.Did the ride for the last two years, but have to sit out on Saturday due to family commitments.

Always a nice ride and atmosphere.Did the ride for the last two years, but have to sit out on Saturday due to family commitments.

thanks - the route doesnt look very tough at all. I would prefer it a little longer and closer to 1500m climbing but hey! And as for family, I have two kids - Scott and (Cannon) Dale.

Is it completely different to last year or just some sections?

It looks like it Jaco, on the website they mention starting in the opposite direction, and its 8km shorter than previous years but seems to get some proper climbing

thanks - the route doesnt look very tough at all. I would prefer it a little longer and closer to 1500m climbing but hey! And as for family, I have two kids - Scott and (Cannon) Dale.

Ok tough is relative to how fit you are as well... But don't underestimate this one, this is one of the tougher PPA mtb races around, 1226m climbing is a lot for a 46km race, and most of it is in the first 30km as the last 10 is relative flat. The route is very rocky up and down which tires you out and add the hot Breede Valley sun and your in for a tough half-marathon.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Sooo want to do the long route, but my legs were shaved last the night before Atta and my last ride was the Atta.....

You will be fine. I might enter too. And I was 2nd last last year. :mellow:

Got a score to settle........