rock

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nino Schuter winning the world champs on a SCOTT SCALE 10!!!smiley36.gif

20060906_090803_mtb_nino_schurt.jpg

There was, unfortunately, no Cannondales on the day......
Man with no name2006-09-06 09:09:14

I will also ride a Scott if I got it for free. Hell, I'll even ride a Schwinn, but if I have to buy it, it's a different story.

And I will ride a one-pillared wonder/ lefty if I got it for free. I mean why do you cut your fork by half if you could just ride a carbon frame?

And I will ride a one-pillared wonder/ lefty if I got it for free. I mean why do you cut your fork by half if you could just ride a carbon frame?

LA had only one nut and look what he achieved. If you don't need it, it's in the way.

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!!... Sorry O Nameless one.... Something stuck in my throat!!!

According to my information, this is the results of the World Elite Men XC Championships....

MTB world championships
Rotorua, New Zealand
August 27

Results, 41.30 kms Elite Men Cross-Country

1 Julien Absalon (France) - Bianchi
2 Christoph Sauser (Switzerland) - Specialized
3 Fredrik Kessiakoff (Sweden) - Cannondale

I could find no Nino Schuter nor a SCOTT SCALE 10 in the final Podium Results...

Perchance he was at a different race??? smiley2.gif

Hey Crux

Seems that Cannondale are not that good at delivering if you have been waiting since March!! smiley2.gif

A little birdie told me that there road bikes will get here quicker..

But still don't think that you start buying the 2007 range just yet unless you have a certain TCS delivery man in mind.. smiley32.gif

OK OK, so the Nino one was in the Under 23 W/C - BUT a gold in the Under 23 is still better than a Ugh Ugh Ugh Bronze in the Elite I think - especially since Nino normally kicks ol' what his face's butt in the World Cup Circuit. (I could not find a photo of Kessiakoff riding hands in the air over the finish line for bronze at the WC - bad day perhaps??)

Nevertheless, the podium still looked like this:

Results, 29.5km

1 Nino Schurter (Switzerland)                  1.54.58 (15.39 km/h)

2 Tony Longo (Italy) 0.50

3 Max Plaxton (Canada) 2.34

Nevertheless, the UCI MTB World Cup standings look as follows: 
2006 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup - XCO - Standings - Teams 
XC Men

Pl.Equipe      Total
Pl.TeamCura?aoMadridSpaFort-WilliamMt Ste AnneSchladmingTotal
1GIANT-RACING-TEAM9267605946 324
2SPECIALIZED FACTORY RACING7561334086 295
3MULTIVAN MERIDA BIKING TEAM6062676137 287
4SWISSPOWER MTB TEAM3939347339 224
 (This is the SCOTT sponsored team of Nino Schurter)       
5BIANCHI AGOS3540474032 194
6CANNONDALE-VREDESTEIN6443171149 184

Lucky ride perhaps at the WC's? Indeed so, since Shurter lies above Kessiakoff in the UCI MTB standings

RangCode UCINom / Pr?nomCode ?quipeTotal
RankUCI CodeLast Name / First NameTeam CodeTotal
1FRA19800816ABSALON JulienBIA1110
2SUI19760413SAUSER ChristophSFR830
3ESP19780824HERMIDA RAMOS Jose AntonioMMB810
4NED19681010BRENTJENS BartGRT715
5GBR19820412KILLEEN LiamSFR552
6SUI19820218VOGEL FlorianSPT513
7BEL19760427PAULISSEN RoelGRT508
8SUI19800510N?F RalphMMB450
9SUI19860513SCHURTER Nino*SPT421
10SWE19800517KESSIAKOFF FredrikCAV382

The next CAV rider is in.........23rd place, while SPT has Florian Vogel (unfortunate surname) in 6th place.

Happy to provide more information if required!smiley2.gif

Problem with this post is that it shows Giant to beat both. Give it to me Slowpokesmiley11.gif
Man with no name2006-09-06 10:47:27

money, but no clue about cycling = buy cannondale

money and a clue about bikes = not buying cannondale

no money and a clue about cycling = running

smiley2.gif

They're stupid unbalanced bikes made for riding clockwise around a mountain..................others just go straight over the mountain.

Honestly, I don't think I would ever consider buying a 'Dale MTB with one of those Lefty forks.  Whether they work or not, I would never be comfortable looking down and seeing a missing fork leg.  The other big issue I have with Cannondale bikes is that there bikes are made in the US.  Mass production in the US simply cannot match the quality produced by the Chinese and Taiwanese.  I would choose any of the Taiwanese brands first - Specialized, Giant, Scott, GT would be near the top of the list.

Also, I am with Rock on the innovation issue - for a company that talks about innovation a lot in their marketable material, there is very little to back it up in product development.  The 'Dale bikes are good, solid performers at exotic prices.  You can spend less and get more elsewhere.

linnega2006-09-06 14:45:06

Jissie, those MTBs look nice, but as linnega said, I wouldn't trust the lefty.  If you can break a frame, just think how quickly that fork will go.  But the rest is nice!!!

The other big issue I have with Cannondale bikes is that there bikes are made in the US.  Mass production in the US simply cannot match the quality produced by the Chinese and Taiwanese.  I would choose any of the Taiwanese brands first - Specialized' date=' Giant, Scott, GT would be near the top of the list.

[/quote']

Not sure I agree with the quality issue; see the quote below from a previous thread on the topic;

"I can assure you from personal manufacturing experience, velocipedio, there is a huge difference in QA (quality assurance) between Taiwan and the USA. For many reasons, the quality produced in the USA is significantly better than that produced in Taiwan for virtually all products.

Products produced in Japan are also significantly better than products produced in Taiwan.

Products produced in Britain and Germany are significantly better than products produced in Taiwan"