New XTR M9000 11-speed

goodluck Phil danger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That crankset looks great in the shop...one ride and it going to look supersh1t! belongs on a roadbike with a look like that.

Going to cost some horrendous amount.

Interesting the front blade ratios are so close and no 10t cog on the cassette means the top end speeds before spinning out for this group is not going to be very high with the highest front blade size being a 38t for 2x and 36t for 1x.

Edited by Skylark

Xtr 11 will fit a standard body, I would think the chain is narrower than xx1, wont work with xx1 der.

I find the gear ratios interesting, too. Perhaps there will be a different sprocket range available later.

10 sprocket may be missing for chain wear reasons - the more the chain bends, the faster it will wear. Shimano may not be ok with the wear rate that results.

Xtr 11 will fit a standard body, I would think the chain is narrower than xx1, wont work with xx1 der.

I find the gear ratios interesting, too. Perhaps there will be a different sprocket range available later.

10 sprocket may be missing for chain wear reasons - the more the chain bends, the faster it will wear. Shimano may not be ok with the wear rate that results.

Nope. 10t is missing cos they would then have to adopt SRAM's x drive platform in order to make the 10t sprocket possible, or make their own (and i doubt theyd choose the first option)

Afaik they are the same width, as all that's changed is the freehub body itself - it's not wider or narrower. So it SHOULD work, but then why would you want to use an xtr cassette on an XX1 setup, when it will probably be the same price?

So it should work with the setup - same spacing, but different actuation ratios between the systems (still doesn't have anything to do with the cassette spacing though)

Shimano have lost the plot re aesthetics... The crank looks like something you'd find on a bike bought at Makro (the RD too) or a rim found on a lime green Golf Jumbo driving out of Chatsworth... :thumbdown:

Shimano have lost the plot re aesthetics... The crank looks like something you'd find on a bike bought at Makro (the RD too) or a rim found on a lime green Golf Jumbo driving out of Chatsworth... :thumbdown:

Hahaha, agreed.

Nope. 10t is missing cos they would then have to adopt SRAM's x drive platform in order to make the 10t sprocket possible, or make their own (and i doubt theyd choose the first option)

Afaik they are the same width, as all that's changed is the freehub body itself - it's not wider or narrower. So it SHOULD work, but then why would you want to use an xtr cassette on an XX1 setup, when it will probably be the same price?

So it should work with the setup - same spacing, but different actuation ratios between the systems (still doesn't have anything to do with the cassette spacing though)

What's the engineering challenge to run a 10t cog?

What's the engineering challenge to run a 10t cog?

have a look at the size of your 11t the next time you change a cassette. To make a 10t possible you need to change the end of the freehub body otherwise there just won't be enough material to work with for a 10t cog.

have a look at the size of your 11t the next time you change a cassette. To make a 10t possible you need to change the end of the freehub body otherwise there just won't be enough material to work with for a 10t cog.

True that, thanks man