Fat Loss agents

Guest EdEdEd

So... the actual only pill that can make you lose weight is Orlistat

All these other drugs are stimulants/appetite suppressors...

Orlistat actual prevents the absorption of fats from your bowel... And it is actually quite safe

Only downside: Fecal incontinence (which really sucks) and permanent floaters (youll become an expert on packing the TP over them boats - they are not being flushed) !!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a massive fan of Prof Noakes but anyone that thinks they're gonna go fast without carbs is mistaken. Far yes, fast no. I've tried.

Definitely

Need those sweet potatoes to turbo my engine

Go see a sports dietician and get a balanced meal plan that matches your weight loss goals against your training frequency. Lost 7 kg in five weeks and maintaining for 8 months now.

So... the actual only pill that can make you lose weight is Orlistat

All these other drugs are stimulants/appetite suppressors...

Orlistat actual prevents the absorption of fats from your bowel... And it is actually quite safe

Only downside: Fecal incontinence (which really sucks) and permanent floaters (youll become an expert on packing the TP over them boats - they are not being flushed) !!!

No sports person I have ever met actually NEEDS their liver or kidneys... I know you are a doctor, but seriously???

Was thinking more along the lines of Spur/Nandos burger stops and what normally happens on the next hill. :wacko:

There is a lot of burping and farting going on....? :)

We normally blow through the burger stop.... can't imagine facing chili chicken regurge on the next hill.....

Guest EdEdEd

No sports person I have ever met actually NEEDS their liver or kidneys... I know you are a doctor, but seriously???

What are you talking about?

Panado is more hepatotoxic than orlistat (i think a thousand fold) ... Disprin has long term accumilative nephrotoxicitiy... all drugs will have side effects, any drug can kill you if you take enough...

The side effects of orlistat is mainly gastro-intestinal. Other side effects are minimal (but as with any other drug, and even over the counter "herbs and shite", people have and will die from it - its a game of percentages)

Most drugs are relatively safe, when used in correct dosages for the correct indications for the appropriate duration...

(Edited several times)

Edited by EdEdEd

No debate. I'm right, he's wrong

No you are wrong :ph34r: he's a she ^_^

Anyway on the point of Orlistat, I am not a doctor, quick google search, but then again a quick google search can tell you how BAD apples, or vitamin B or water can be for you...

I just find it hugely irresponsible for a doctor to be advocating for a weight loss pill and calling it "actually quite safe"; and the fact that it operates by inhibiting the uptake of fats in the intestines, why am I the only person thinking "that's BAD!"? Nerves, fat soluble vitamins, healthy skin and hair...

Edited by eeeek

Guest EdEdEd

No you are wrong :ph34r: he's a she ^_^

Anyway on the point of Orlistat, I am not a doctor, quick google search, but then again a quick google search can tell you how BAD apples, or vitamin B or water can be for you...

I just find it hugely irresponsible for a doctor to be advocating for a weight loss pill and calling it "actually quite safe"; and the fact that it operates by inhibiting the uptake of fats in the intestines, why am I the only person thinking "that's BAD!"? Nerves, fat soluble vitamins, healthy skin and hair...

Again.... let me break it down for you.

Docter study... docter study hard... docter study how to prescibe medication (and try not to kill people in the process)

(disclaimer: all the docters out there didn't study as hard as they should have, the guys doing the research though kinda know what they are doing)

EDIT: I am not advocating it. I mentioned its existence. I would never put anyone through the misery. Never mind any other side effects... your butt leaks poo!

(though i still believe it has a place and a use

Edited by EdEdEd

Again.... let me break it down for you.

Docter study... docter study hard... docter study how to prescibe medication (and try not to kill people in the process)

(disclaimer: all the docters out there didn't study as hard as they should have, the guys doing the research though kinda know what they are doing)

I appreciate that, but while doctors study, and doctors study hard - moron who take medicine see medicine working, but would like medicine to work faster, moron take two - cause moron not care how long doctor study to write how many miligrams on prescription.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless (1992).

Edited by eeeek

Guest EdEdEd

Shipman was also a doctor........just saying :ph34r:

I completely agree that docters are not right all the time/gods/sent from heaven or whatever...

But it seems that the general public are quick to look down on docters...

Most of us love what we do and try our best to do it well...

(note: I have on a few occasions reported my own colleagues when I believed they practiced irresponsibly)