Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14% sections coming soon - might be a bit soon to attack, but we could see some splits form

Basso is riding himself into a contract for next year!

Maybe he'll join Horner.

De Gendt has hit the 14% section of this climb and he's beginning to pedal squares. He won't be able to match the like of Arredondo and Cataldo in a finish like this.

Duarte has managed to bridge to the Arredondo group. He's a good bet for the victory today if he can keep up with the pace.

The peloton has been drastically reduced, but all the main favourites are in there. AG2R and Movistar have the numerical advantage.

The chasers can see De Gendt, but the gradients mean that they are struggling to shut it down.

Pelizotti has managed to drag himself up to this chasing group. They're now five riders, but they can't quite manage to catch De Gendt just yet.

Now it is Basso's turn to try and make it to this second group. He's not a fan of big accelerations, but he's grinding it out and working his way back.