Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

At only 171km, stage 18 isn’t grueling in its distance. But what it lacks in length it more than makes up for in undulation, with the riders taking in two giant climbs on their way from Belluno to the summit finish at Rifugio Panarotta.

With the peak of the first category Passo San Pellegrino coming just over 54km into the stage, the first climb on the agenda will only serve to soften the legs ahead of the pain to follow.

The next categorised climb is the category two Passo del Redebus, which isn’t as difficult but culminates inside the final 50km of the stage. Immediately preceding a long descent into the final first category climb up to Rifugio Panarotta, we could see some daring riders look to carry a gap over the top and hold on to the finish.

In all likelihood, though, the GC action won’t really kick off until we reach the final climb with less than 20km remaining.

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_181.jpg?w=474&h=349

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Santaromita will not start Stage 18. Orica-GreenEDGE down to 2 riders.

Oi

Yes this stage/finish suits Quintana perfectly, but I'm going to go against the easy bet and say that ahead of the TT, Aru will try make up for his lack of time trailing ability and go for victory/time today.

Only 2 teams have full complement of 9 riders left

Movistar and Trek

And Garmin Sharp only have 4 riders left.

Looking at bookmakers it is all over - Quintana odds on favourite and Uran available at 10/1.

Still going to be very exciting.

Looking at bookmakers it is all over - Quintana odds on favourite and Uran available at 10/1.

Still going to be very exciting.

Go URAAAAN!!

Ha my kids french teacher cancelled.. so no activities this afternoon. . I get to watch the Giro..

Ag bugger I forgot about exam studying. . Shite.

Edited by Gen

55km to go.

Around 7' for Pellizotti Sella Keizer Zardini Basso Duarte Wellens De Gendt Rabottini Losada Cataldo Deignan Rovny Arredondo

Movistar have upped the pace back in the peloton and they're beginning the bring back this group of 14 riders. At one stage it was well over 8 minutes, it has now fallen to 6:59.