Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

Bardiani gets another stage win. Good giro for them.

1 Stefano Pirazzi (Ita) Bardiani-CSF 4:38:11

2 Tim Wellens (Bel) Lotto Belisol

3 Jay Mccarthy (Aus) Tinkoff-Saxo

4 Thomas De Gendt (Bel) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team

5 Matteo Montaguti (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale

6 Jussi Veikkanen (Fin) FDJ.fr 0:00:28

7 Simon Geschke (Ger) Team Giant-Shimano

8 Fabio Felline (Ita) Trek Factory Racing

9 Marco Canola (Ita) Bardiani-CSF

10 Serge Pauwels (Bel) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Racers like Majka, Aru!, Kelderman are all busting onto the scene.

I'm sure they'll continue their GC apprenticeship there.

Kelderman is a MENEER at a young age. Makes us Dutchies proud and confident in a future beyond Bauke and LTD

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, well, well. So folks got ourselves all worked up for the expectation of a legendary stage. Well the tifosi got what the tifosi wanted.

The riders certainly didn't. Lots of angry responses eerily similar to that day in June 1988.

But Tuesday 27 May 2014 has now been written into the history books. Be prepared to read all about it - again and again - in every book yet another retired pro publishes of his memoirs. This story will take years to complete.

http://www.trekfactoryracing.com/sites/default/files/styles/fullscreen/public/picture_gallery/giro-tfr-4.jpg?itok=cBSM23Y6

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/imagecache/galleria_900_nocrop/images/Nairo%20Quintana%E2%80%99s%20pink%20Canyon%20Ultimate%20SLX/Nairo%20Quintana%E2%80%99s%20pink%20Canyon%20Ultimate%20SLX.jpg

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/imagecache/galleria_900_nocrop/images/Nairo%20Quintana%E2%80%99s%20pink%20Canyon%20Ultimate%20SLX/Nairo%20Quintana%E2%80%99s%20pink%20Canyon%20Ultimate%20SLX-001.jpg

http://road.cc/sites/default/files/imagecache/galleria_900_nocrop/images/Nairo%20Quintana%E2%80%99s%20pink%20Canyon%20Ultimate%20SLX/Nairo%20Quintana%E2%80%99s%20pink%20Canyon%20Ultimate%20SLX-002.jpg

Live today from 12h50 on SS!! :clap:

I assume re Quintana's stage win that the bunch that had the fastest motorbike with red flag down the mountain would have been unduly advantaged?

Would the motorbike drivers have been informed that they should go down at 52 km/h and were their speedometers calibrated? :huh:

Guy Dobbelaere (UCI commissaire) to Sporza: "Yes DS's asked us to rectify times but it's not possible."

End of story UCI and organization.

Finito

Let's roll on.

GO QUINTANA!

Still waiting for the 'Dale preview of the day. My coffeeis getting cold...

Edit: Aaah there it is. Thx

Edited by TALUS

Weather: cloudy with a temperature of 23°C in the valleys but cooler and the chance of rain higher up

For the mountain goats, the finalè:

The Finish: 13.4km at 8.4% but again the average is not the story; or at least the mean slope is 8.4% but the mode seems more like 10%. The climb to the Rifugio Panarotta (“Panarotta Mountain Hut”) starts in Levico Terme and it’s gentle out of town. But soon the hairpins begin and so do the steep slopes.

The road rises all the way to the line with a slope of 8.5% in the final moments.

For the mountain goats, the finalè:

The Finish: 13.4km at 8.4% but again the average is not the story; or at least the mean slope is 8.4% but the mode seems more like 10%. The climb to the Rifugio Panarotta (“Panarotta Mountain Hut”) starts in Levico Terme and it’s gentle out of town. But soon the hairpins begin and so do the steep slopes.

The road rises all the way to the line with a slope of 8.5% in the final moments.

8.4% is indeed mean