Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Behind the leaders, Europcar are now on the front of the peloton. Pierre Rolland is another rider in contention for the podium today. The gap is really coming down now, it's currently 5:47

Rabottini is chasing down De Gendt, he's got 21 seconds on the second group.

Rabottini's attack doesn't work. He's back with the other chasers as De Gendt carries on alone. The peloton continue to shut this lead down to 5 minutes.

Riders immediately being dispatched off the back of the peloton as they start climbing.

Keizer launches a flyer from the back of the chasing group. He's now on his own in pursuit of De Gendt.

Keizer hasn't managed to get much of a gap on the chasers. De Gendt continues to power along up this climb. He's riding very strongly, but has he gone out too fast? Only time will tell.

Hope Arredondo has finally learnt his lesson and doesn't go another daft long distance attack. His DS is probably talking in his ear non-stop up this climb, ordering him not to move until he says so.

Hope Arredondo has finally learnt his lesson and doesn't go another daft long distance attack. His DS is probably talking in his ear non-stop up this climb, ordering him not to move until he says so.

+1

Would really like for him to get a stage win, and for TFR after Nizzolo came so close so many times.