Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

Re. Trek Factory Racing:

Surely, with his recent performances in the Tour de San Luis and the one day classics, the sports directors will see the light and make my boy Arredondo a protected rider for the Giro.

I mean, am I really the lone one in the wilderness sticking my hand up for this guy?

He's a lighty with a lot to learn in terms of race tactics and curbing his youthful enthusiasm, but heck, he's got so much talent. I'm expected this year's Giro to be his breakout race. We'll see if he's got the engine to last for 3 weeks.

I'm definitely watching him with interest

3 weeks will be too long for him to break out onto the GC scene

I do hope that he will take a stage win or few, especially in week 3 when the high mountain come

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Special departure from Ireland

TdF to start in England

Globalizing the sport, bit by bit

post-12015-0-45243600-1398800340_thumb.jpg

I'm sure we'll be seeing some of his typical all-or-nothing attacks in the high mountains, and will be very happy if he pulls off a win at least once.

But if he has the right team support, and picks his moments with care, he may just emulate Betancur's achievements from last year's Giro.

I'm sure we'll be seeing some of his typical all-or-nothing attacks in the high mountains, and will be very happy if he pulls off a win at least once.

But if he has the right team support, and picks his moments with care, he may just emulate Betancur's achievements from last year's Giro.

A top 10er would be great

Wonder what a Trek Cycling is gonna do.

I see dstv is broadcasting the giro on normal super sport channels. Hd even for a few of the stages! 9 may on sshd7 at 6:30.

Tour of california also being broadcast...

Yay!

I see dstv is broadcasting the giro on normal super sport channels. Hd even for a few of the stages! 9 may on sshd7 at 6:30.

Tour of california also being broadcast...

Yay!

post-12015-0-72090100-1398801973_thumb.jpg

Special departure from Ireland

TdF to start in England

Dale the Irish-at-large might get a bit peeved calling Northern Ireland "England" ... bit of a touchy subject up there. But it starts in the Northern Ireland which is the UK, then travels down to Dublin in the Irish Republic,

Dale the Irish-at-large might get a bit peeved calling Northern Ireland "England" ... bit of a touchy subject up there. But it starts in the Northern Ireland which is the UK, then travels down to Dublin in the Irish Republic,

You understood my post correctly?

Point taken though - a bit peeved is an understatement.

Edited by ' Dale

But on the bright side, I'm heading over to Northern Ireland this Friday and will be there for the start and the first days TT.

And on an even brighter note, the TT goes past my Gran's house twice, so it's tea and biccies at the roadside for me then....

Is there a Hub flag I can get to wave? :clap:

They finish within walking distance of my sister's house in Dublin - maybe it is time to visit my Godchild again?

But on the bright side, I'm heading over to Northern Ireland this Friday and will be there for the start and the first days TT.

And on an even brighter note, the TT goes past my Gran's house twice, so it's tea and biccies at the roadside for me then....

Is there a Hub flag I can get to wave? :clap:

Disgusting!

Enjoy, man.

BMC means business:

BMC squad announced!

Brent Bookwalter (USA), Yannick Eijssen (BEL), Cadel Evans (AUS), Ben Hermans (BEL), Steve Morabito (SUI), Daniel Oss (ITA), Manuel Quinziato (ITA), Samuel Sánchez (ESP), Danilo Wyss (SUI).