Serious crashes on the Spruit today

Tjokkits

Dammit I need to get back on the bike soon!!! Anybody have pics of this?

Its a beast....hubbers were working hard yesterday.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About what time and what bike did this bloke ride? Just checking its not somebody i know

was about 10:30 ish....can't remember the bike. *** attitude, he has one

Anyone tried the new monster in front of the virgin active yet....could be fun to watch

What monster in front of virgin!?

'tis merely an antheap! :lol:

But I'm pretty sure the fairies that built it have all hit it.

After all, Aaron Chase said that it's 10x easier to hit a jump if you build it yourself.

Edited by patches

What monster in front of virgin!?

But I'm pretty sure the fairies that built it have all hit it.

After all, Aaron Chase said that it's 10x easier to hit a jump if you build it yourself.

:eek: I run out of talent going through the pick and pay parking lot okay...that thing made me bekak myself just looking at it.

De fairies did well yesterday.

Edited by rouxtjie

That lip should not be there to be honest. The idea of building jumps etc was always to be off the main trail.

Look at the Bundaberg and Hurlingham lines. All off to the side of the main trail. There should never be an obstacle on the main parts of a public trail. Not one that is built anyways.

Nobody should get hurt because something surprised them. That isn't cool at all.

Most noobs ride down the easy trail on the complete left of the bomb hole. But I agree with you, some guys have got used to riding through it with a safe exit. When I got surprised it was because I wasn't watching whe I was going. Was looking at the rebuilt jump on the left. You know the one that used to kick you sideways and the landing was concrete and rocks?

here are some we took as we rode past the boys doing the build. looks a lot worse in real life.

A lot easier to jump in real life too. It's all in the mind.

Requires about the same speed as the original.

Most noobs ride down the easy trail on the complete left of the bomb hole. But I agree with you, some guys have got used to riding through it with a safe exit. When I got surprised it was because I wasn't watching whe I was going. Was looking at the rebuilt jump on the left. You know the one that used to kick you sideways and the landing was concrete and rocks?

Yep. That thing was lethal if you didn't know what you were doing. Caught me once but I didn't go down luckily.

here are some we took as we rode past the boys doing the build. loks a lot worse in real life.

At least it looks like a gap now which will stop the average rider from just riding at it and braking on the lip thinking wtf happened to the bridge they were expecting. Saw this happen a number of times...

At least it looks like a gap now which will stop the average rider from just riding at it and braking on the lip thinking wtf happened to the bridge they were expecting. Saw this happen a number of times...

Maybe a chevron nailed to the logs on the back side of the landing. With a sign that says "If you can read this... it's too late!"

Maybe a chevron nailed to the logs on the back side of the landing. With a sign that says "If you can read this... it's too late!"

Bwhahahaha i like that

The way I see it, there are 3 courses of action...

1. Moan about all the features that develop on the spruit (some naturally, some with a little help). Moan until these get removed. And keep in mind that features like the rutty singletrack between Delta and Victory park has probably resulted in more bails than features like the Scout Hall jumps. (I'd be willing to bet on this). So to be consistent one really should lobby to have that section paved.

2. Upskill. Many riders want to improve their skills. Some have the ability to do it themselves. Others seek the help of riders like Peach, to give instruction on the funner things in life... like jumping.

3. Ride what you can and enjoy it. There is plenty to ride on the spruit and no one is forced to take a jump or a drop they they aren't willing to. Keep your eyes peeled. Don't be a lemming. Look ahead,not at your Garmin/HRM (it's like the No. 1 rule of MTB). Ride around what you don't feel comfortable with.... and most importantly, enjoy what you do ride!

Edited by patches

here are some we took as we rode past the boys doing the build. loks a lot worse in real life.

bejesus! I am driving back to KZN to fetch my bike! I need to hit that while it is still there! :whistling:

bejesus! I am driving back to KZN to fetch my bike! I need to hit that while it is still there! :whistling:

I can loan you my Ragley...

I can loan you my Ragley...

Me hitting a new jump on a bike I am not comfotable on... We will have a repeat of that time I leant Sidewinder my bike to hit a drop at Thaba :whistling:

Plus I am not keen to have to replace my Super for a third time this month :eek:

That lip should not be there to be honest. The idea of building jumps etc was always to be off the main trail.

Look at the Bundaberg and Hurlingham lines. All off to the side of the main trail. There should never be an obstacle on the main parts of a public trail. Not one that is built anyways.

Nobody should get hurt because something surprised them. That isn't cool at all.

Ummm, Maxxis, the Bombhole and both exit jumps are off the main trail (which goes around the side).

Anyone dropping in to the bombhole does so at their own risk.