Schwalbe Racing Ralph

The MTBer

RaRa's snakeskins are great tyres, probably the fastest xc tyres, for me that is. However here in the karoo they don't last 500km on a rear wheel and its bleeding Stan's. Thats when the conti race king protection get fitted.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naas: what is Vince's company name? I would like to contact wrt schwalbe tyres.

Western Cape

Richard Chesterton

Vincent Durand

Gauteng

Vincent Durand

Kwa-Zulu Natal

Carl Calverley

Stage N9ne Distribution

ah yes. dealt with them before. they are not big on the bigger tyres. Pure economics based on low demand. Bit of a pity. But thanks Naas :thumbup:

Maybe I have an agressive riding style over some rocks... The last Kenda slime tube was 20km old and it riped out a piece of the tube and the tyre, i was riding jeep track.

Lost a Snakeskin yesterday...due to close proximity to my car's exhaust whilst loaded on my bike rack... :angry:

Chris Willemse didn't have stock so settled for Continental X King. Hope it's OK.

My bike came with RR evo's and after flatting on the road with my 1st ride i switched to Crossmarks, never looked back and only once had to plug it when a large nail went through it, lucky it plugs easy as its a b!tch to remove. My other bike has Geax on, not as hardy as Crossmarks, my rear tire has 3 plugs already but they are very easy to work with.

Hi

Is it advisable to use R/Ron ss front and rear as i assume its more robust due to harder centre line compound, as opposed R/ralph combo?

Hi

Is it advisable to use R/Ron ss front and rear as i assume its more robust due to harder centre line compound, as opposed R/ralph combo?

Hi

I would rather run Racing Ralph front and rear, not a big fan of R/Ron, however everyone is different and you might like it.

Hi

The Bulls team ran Rocket Ron front and rear at the Epic, personally I like Racing Ralph rear and Ron front as I find the Ron to be way grippier at the right tyre pressure in front

Hi MTBer

I've got some boxed new stock here - Snakeskin and tubeless ready.

And if you buy 2 I will ship to Centurion for free. ; )

If you really not happy, then why not try the Conti's:

Continental Raceking ProTection, also Tubeless Ready.

--

I've ridden with both these tyres and really happy with them.

Hope this helps!

post-42483-0-05092600-1398233938_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-42429500-1398233939_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sportsworld.co.za

I love my conti's but will NEVER EVER again buy the protection version, they leak through the side walls and are prone to side wall punctures.

I love my conti's but will NEVER EVER again buy the protection version, they leak through the side walls and are prone to side wall punctures.

Moes a bad batch gewees het. :ph34r:

I must say the tread on the Conti Race King and Ritchey Shield looks VERY similar.

I wonder who copied who?

Im not biting...

All the plugs, bombs and tubes Ive had have been donated to guys riding with these snake skin tyres.

Snake skins are for purses and belts, not for wheels.

Get proper tyres

Must be a bad batch, I swear by mine although Ive had them leak through the sidewall after a year... they were pretty perished due to age though. Sealant seals those tiny little holes.

Ive only had this issue with Race King protection, never with my mountain king