Schwalbe Racing Ralph

The MTBer

Has anyone tried the kenda tire range? If you have what is your feedback on them?

Do they still make a tire? My Kendas on my DH bike is stock from 2012

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon, HOW??? Running 2.5 bar and still hit the rim sometimes... I also weight 72kg

Dont know what else you have on that bike dude! I have the new AC Wide lightning wheelset, its rim width equal 32mm, and the reason is to run much lower pressures, ask oom Bill, he can explain.

At this moment my Hardtail MTB have 550km on the clock and I am currenty riding Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29 x 2.25 evo ( Think it is the cheap one. They are stock on my Giant) and after every ride I've got a flat tire. My rear tire looks like a dog is chewing it and some of nobbys is gone. I am running 40 tar and 60 off road. Is this normal??

This didn't happen on my previous MAXXIS Crossmark/ Larsen TT and Specialized Captain Control.

Currently is am hating Schwalbe so much that I just want to rip off the tires!!!

Ps I don't have a dog to chew my tires...

Brandon, HOW??? Running 2.5 bar and still hit the rim sometimes... I also weight 72kg

Ok Ill volunteer to be the prick and tell you the problem is you are pumping them to hard, and also probably riding them to hard in applications they not meant to be ridden in.

72 kg you said you weigh?

40 psi(?) on the tar and 60 psi off road?

I am riding stock Giant rims and they eat tubes!! I can not convert to tubeless due to the state of the tyres. It is dangerous around me so I have to ride to a safe location sometimes. And that 40 % isn't exactly the time I spend on tar. Visted The Big Red barn 3 weeks ago and pop the tyre over a small bump with a little rock (little rock) and since then I use my pump to pump that tyres and keep pumping them.

At this moment my Hardtail MTB have 550km on the clock and I am currenty riding Schwalbe Racing Ralph 29 x 2.25 evo ( Think it is the cheap one. They are stock on my Giant) and after every ride I've got a flat tire. My rear tire looks like a dog is chewing it and some of nobbys is gone. I am running 40 tar and 60 off road. Is this normal??

This didn't happen on my previous MAXXIS Crossmark/ Larsen TT and Specialized Captain Control.

Currently is am hating Schwalbe so much that I just want to rip off the tires!!!

Ps I don't have a dog to chew my tires...

I've done about 600km on the same tyres (about 50/50 tar/off-road) and my back wheel is VERY worn. Can't say the grip has been anything special either which leaves me to think that that are pretty rubbish versions of the brand.

I've got some bullet proof Crossmax's hanging in my cellar, they have done only 1 CE and still look pretty new.

If you really desperate you can have them for zot

Ok Ill volunteer to be the prick and tell you the problem is you are pumping them to hard, and also probably riding them to hard in applications they not meant to be ridden in.

72 kg you said you weigh?

40 psi(?) on the tar and 60 psi off road?

40% of KILOMETERS on the road and 60% of KILOMETERS off road.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Arisun "Mount Graham" 29x2.20

R380 each. Can't go wrong with them.

I rode the Epic on them , front and back. Excellent grip.

No punctures. Best value for money tyre I have come across.

Hi, How much do they weigh and how many km's do you get on them?

Has anyone tried the kenda tire range? If you have what is your feedback on them?

I have run with Kenda Nevegals, lasted well, no punctures, sealed well, good all round tire. I have also run with small block eights, more tar and normal dirt roads, also no problems.

40% of KILOMETERS on the road and 60% of KILOMETERS off road.

That's probably worse than pumping them too hard

Schwable list them as a out and out XCO (OFFROAD) tire, not a 40 % road 60 % Off road tire

I retract my offer of the Crossmax's, unless the OP can promise not to exceed 3% total road usage

^_^

That's probably worse than pumping them too hard

Schwable list them as a out and out XCO (OFFROAD) tire, not a 40 % road 60 % Off road tire

I retract my offer of the Crossmax's, unless the OP can promise not to exceed 3% total road usage

^_^

Hahahaha I will carry my bike to gravel and when I want to cross tar I will pick up my bike, no I am just kidding. Think I will get myself Crossmarks again, but tyres are so expensive these days, I want to make sure it is the right decision.

Have spoken to Vincent(they import and distribute Schwalbe in RSA).

Rocket Ron S/S has a harder centreline compound than the Racing Ralph S/S and the two should be used as a pair with the RRon S/S at the rear in order to allow for almost similar wear & tear.

I also use them and although they're not cheap and don't last all that long I won't use any other tyre when it comes to fast grippy riding - if you run them slightly softer than what you're used to with other tyres you will become a faster rider especially through corners as your confidence will be a notch higher due to the amazing grip - the tyre actually momentarily deforms to take on the shape of the obstacle in order to roll over instead of skidding off the obstacle.

As far as punctures are concerned and a lot of them as one rider stated in a previous post, one should really also look at the sealant used and if you regularly check to top up - I run a bikeshop and it's does not amazes me anymore as I've seen this many times - puncture = no sealant. The next aspect is actually the most important and that's riding style - not enough attention to surface conditions trying to avoid puncture-causing obstacles like sharp rocks, stones, anything really and then the ignorance of riders on mostly duals that thinks the bike can take all the hammering through extreme terrain whilst seated - one should approach those sections like a jockey on a horse as the body still has much more suspension than any dual out there. I actually try to ride over stuff like that in a "soft" manner...hope you understand :)

And by the way I hardly get a puncture - actually only when I'm training and taking chances - have never punctured in a race in the last 3 years - good luck to you all!