Training in the cold - health issues

Hey there francois,I have a simular mask,but with different color scheme.think a buff would be more appropriate for cycling though as these masks get very hot.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there francois,I have a simular mask,but with different color scheme.think a buff would be more appropriate for cycling though as these masks get very hot.

Mask is great for sub-zero rides.

Dont know how people will react to seeing me whizz around like this on the trails.

Ben Reaper is the Grim Reaper?

Dont know how people will react to seeing me whizz around like this on the trails.

How is breathing with this mask, easy or not that easy?

Hi Bennie,only used it on the motorcycle before,worked well for heat and no breathing problems.dont know how it would be on a bicycle though.would not be a expensive mistake to try out though,think it cost around R150 when I bought it at a motorcycle rally a few years back.

Did my first night ride on Friday night and it was cold there. I definitely found it harder to breathe. I can only put that down to the air being more dense and that your lungs have to work harder to utilize it.

Yip. True that. I cycle with a cycling vest and thermo vest to keep the chest warm. But I keep it on until I get off the bike, even if it gets a bit hot. I will only strip off the arm and leg warmers and switch gloves if required.

Q on the thermo... Does it work like other cycling gea or regulate the temp. When i cycle with say arm warmers and cyclig jacket i get hot after 10 km and have to stop and remove layer, will the same apply to thermal vest and thermal leggings

Guest EdEdEd

Q on the thermo... Does it work like other cycling gea or regulate the temp. When i cycle with say arm warmers and cyclig jacket i get hot after 10 km and have to stop and remove layer, will the same apply to thermal vest and thermal leggings

Ive found that it doesnt need removing... I have rolled up the leeves though at times

This was with first ascent bamboo thermals

Edited by EdEdEd

Will test both and get back with results.

I tried the mask over a buff. Not a good idea. Slipped down my face on the motorbike. Became a huge irritation on the last 4 km to the office.

EdEdEd has pretty much answered it. The moment it gets too hot I just strip off the arm and leg warmers. The thermal vests I leave on and even race in it and I am fine with it.

this is the answer..... as awful as it may seem.....

Salex Sinus Rinse

Does not work all the time. Still rather snotty.

Think my big problem is that I am not sleeping well. Had to replace the putty on a window at home after it was removed. So jumpy at every little sound at the moment.

But just one month to go before we move to a better place.