[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine MTB 2014

Robertson Winery MTB

Did a trial on the nightride route last night. Awesome experience! The 12km route is not too long to be a negative for the next day but still long enough to make it worthwhile for the additional effort to kit up for the ride.

Not too technical but not gravel roads either. You need to ensure that you have a proper light and at some places keep your wits together.

Beautifull views of Robertson in the night from some places and at other you could trick yourself to believe that you are in the middle of the Karoo with the nothing around you and a beautifull nightsky above you.

A lekker warm fire at the end with a cup of steaming coffee and something to eat definitely has the potential to end up in a great evening.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did this race last year - absolutely epic.

This year I plan to sleep in and get festive with wine tasting a little later on!

There is still some rain to come before the wknd. Any idea what the course condition will be like? Does it drain well? Lots of sticky mud?

Worked on the 57km yesterday. Had to reroute a section onto brand new track taking you on a section that has never been ridden before! The 57km is going to be awesome but really tough! Please only attempt if you are experienced!

Gear up for a lot of mud, water and sticky surface. Gonna skip this one, dont want a R3000 + repair bill afterwards.

Skipping aswell. I am still broke from the last wet race in Wellington. Mtb is not for sissies I know, broken bike repairs bills are not for sissies either. Enjoy folks.

Gear up for a lot of mud, water and sticky surface. Gonna skip this one, dont want a R3000 + repair bill afterwards.

Swartkat, jy wil ons nou weer net almal afsit, sodat jy kan wen, ek ken jou styl :devil:

Hi Jaco. The 57km profile attached to this events page gives you an idea of what it would be like. As mentioned, we had to tweak the route a bit so it's not exactly the same. There is an added bit with a newly built road that was done for the Epic but not used. You will be the first to ride it. The 57km will be a real tester!

Swartkat, jy wil ons nou weer net almal afsit, sodat jy kan wen, ek ken jou styl :devil:

Al wat ek sou wen is dalk 1ste van agter af OF n snotneus! Heeltemal onfiks, mar as weer nie so sleg was ni, het ek di 56 aangepak! Dit reen al die hele dag, HARD, hier by ons en ek glo in CCD ook. Grond sal nou al seker goed versadig wees wat lekker modder tot gevolg gaan he Sat. Enjoy julle hom maar!

How is the trail holding out with the rains? Robertson getting as much rain as us okes here in the Cape Town / Durbanville?

I grew up in Robertson - this bit of rain is much needed and will make for a nice racing surface by Saturday - comon people, support the upcountry races and enter - ek hoor as jy kla by die race gee hulle jou ekstra bottel wyn om jou b*k te hou...die moeite werd dus :)

NOTHING, I TELL YOU NOOOOTHING can be worse than the Gravel Travel conditions this year, so I'm qualified, willing and.....not in form, but I am coming!

Edited by BrandonF

Was very keen on doing this race,but will keep an eye on the weather towards Friday before I commit.

NOTHING, I TELL YOU NOOOOTHING can be worse than the Gravel Travel conditions this year, so I'm qualified, willing and.....not in form, but I am coming!

..and after the race you carry straight on to the NAPIER Patat Festival, I'm waiting for you ...:)