Annemart

It is a flattish 40kms, 3 hours is enough time

Cool. Pretty excited to ride tomorrow. :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant find where this is.. the ppa website says church square philadelphia but googlemaps doesn't help me.. help!

this does not help...

"GPS co-ordinates S 33 º 40.033 º & E18 º 34866 º"

Edited by leona

Where you coming from? On the N7 from Cape Town, go north towards Malmesbury. You'll see a turnoff to Philadelphia / Klipheuwel to your right. (not sure how far from city) and Atlantis to the left.

Turn right and a km or so down the road you'll find the village of Philadelphia. Can't miss the Church spire on your left.

From Paarl / Stellenbosch, take the R304 until Klipheuwel.  Turn left onto the R304 towards Durbanville, passing the silos on your right.  Just after the silos, turn right onto the R304 to Philadelphia / Atlantis.  After approximately 15 km, Philadelphia will be on your right.

i cant find where this is.. the ppa website says church square philadelphia but googlemaps doesn't help me.. help!

this does not help...

"GPS co-ordinates S 33 º 40.033 º & E18 º 34866 º"

as soon as you turn off the high way about 3km you'll see the start venue on left. Alternatively do a search for "NG Kerk" in google.maps that is the start venue.

What the hell just happened?

You can tell that a farmer set that route. It's like he attached a GPS to a cow, let it roam around for a day and then said "that's our route".

It's not that it wasn't well marked, but you can mark a route like that as well as you want, but people will still definitely get lost. I rate the search and rescue teams will be out late tonight.

That being said, I still enjoyed it for some reason. Something different.

Oh, and THORNS!

Edited by Rydogg

What the hell just happened?

You can tell that a farmer set that route. It's like he attached a GPS to a cow, let it roam around for a day and then said "that's our route".

It's not that it wasn't well marked, but you can mark a route like that as well as you want, but people will still definitely get lost. I rate the search and rescue teams will be out late tonight.

That being said, I still enjoyed it for some reason. Something different.

Oh, and THORNS!

I enjoyed it up to the point where someone decided its a good idea to give us km and km of soft sand. After that I was gatvol and over it.

Jeesh, you guys can moan over the slightest things. :whistling:

I thoroughly enjoyed the 40km route, enough climbs, enough rolling hills, lekka sandy stretch (which I breezed through, working my way past all the walkers), did not battle with route marking at all (just follow the little arrows, guys) Really a lovely little race.

Sand is one thing, but I have a buckled wheel, buggered suspension and I stopped pulling out thorns cos my sealant couldn't keep up... I am either fat, or my bike is old. :(

BUT I loved the race... yes, I would have loved more of the river section and less of the sand, but I thought it was an awesome ride for those of us who aren't that technically minded. Well done orgnisers!

Flat abd easy????? I think not.

Really underestimated this one. Tough 40km's when u have hardly been on a bike since November.

I made it though. Were any other hubbers near the back of the field? Really friendly bunch, although I think a few lost their sense of humour with their multiple punctures.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. I've used these words before, but I am most grateful when these farming communities open their hearts and gates for us riders. And there were like 4 water tables over the last 20km of the 63km route. Keeping up the rear, I felt so bad that they'd been waiting for me that I stopped at each table. I'll definitely be back.

I thoroughly enjoyed the race 63km was tough but was little bit of everything,even though felt like I was the last person to come in glad I finished, at 1 water point bar ones coke, guys to lube chain and set gears if any problems,what more can you ask 4, the end of race nice vibe with all the vendors to cater for your needs, good race will def be back next year