OKO Tyre Sealant feedback please?

Hairy

Any of you hippies tried this yet for tubeless set ups and if so what is your feedback please?

H

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff, didn't know you could still get it?

seen it this morning again .... 800ml at around the R129 mark

LBS had a big drum of this stuff that they used when doing tubeless conversions. Worked fine. I still reckon that the Ryder stuff for R80 / 500ml is the best value.

Cycle Lab CT Sale

Did they decide to have a sale before closing.?

Many asked if that would happen but I can't recall seeing a response.

Is the sale worth a trip into the CBD.?

Did they decide to have a sale before closing.?

Many asked if that would happen but I can't recall seeing a response.

Is the sale worth a trip into the CBD.?

None of the discount prices are marked ... you have to take the item to the sales counter and see what the discount is ... some are excellent and some are pedestrian

I've almost always used Oko (both motorbikes & MTB) and always sworn by it. It outasts the competition by quite some way, the sealing ability is good and the cost is way less than some of the other products on offer.

I got my last batch direct from the supplier (same guy who distributes Wynn's) and just bought a whole box. It worked out to about R60 per 380ml bottle and that gives me 3 MTB tyres worth of sealant.

Patches price from Midas will be pretty hard to beat.

Stupid question : is all OKO created equal? Is the stuff at Midas also Ok for mtb tyres? I'm thinking bigger beads or something in the vehicle tyre car thing?

Edited by DomP

Stupid question : is all OKO created equal? Us the stuff at Midas also Ok for mtb tyres? I'm thinking bigger beads or something in the vehicle tyre car thing?

I asked the distributor when he dropped the stuff off with me and he indicated that they are all very similar... :whistling:

I sometimes thin mine down a wee bit with water if I've left half a bottle standing open for a while