oopsie

Gen

Guest Smimby

Had the same problem! Those plastic ones have always worked best for me

Try lube on the chain :whistling:

I've run KCNC pulleys for months on my MTB and never had a problem. Noise is never an issue, theres lots of other noises while riding in the bush. The big gaps do get clogged but are easier to clean than the plastic ones.

On Wednesday a mate of mine managed to destroy one of those KCNC jockey wheels. Lost a few teeth due to a rather annoying stick wanting to catch a lift. They're not noticeably noisy at all (based on riding many hours with him). He is riding SRAM though (XO), so I guess both Shimano and SRAM have their issues.

If those KCNC ones don't break, they are tops! Just replaced my previous set after 2 years on the mtb. The plastic ones (don't know about the SRAM ones) hardly lasts 6 months.

I have made peace with the fact that when you ride MTB things are going to break.. no ways one can avoid every possible rock etc. .

I will see how these KCNC stuff works.. hubby has then on his bike.. I haven't really noticed a annoying sound..

I got stuff caught in the Shimano ones in any case. I am all about having robust stuff on my bike.. I don't like things breaking.. so I will see how these work out.. I think they are rather sexy ;)

I have been riding them for years without any issues.....and they are not just for road cycling....

I can concur that I have also been riding them for a long time on one of my bikes and they have lasted well. Having said that I do find them noisier than the plastic ones and the shifting not as 'crisp' but that in no way detracts from my riding at all!

Ok well then my mistake. I have only used the standard shimano ones. I just thought that there would be a problem with stuff sticking into them.

I see the problem. It quite clearly says Shimano. If you go Sram you never go BAM.

post-4362-0-88961400-1399636648_thumb.jpg

Neeeext.

Geez...you okes are heavy on your equipment!!

Hey, mine still works. Ride it till it explodes, but carry a spare...

I foresee many undesirable things sticking into that.

I had small branches getting stuck through those cut outs in the jockey wheel during a race in Botswana and jamming the jockey wheel.

Net result was the rear derailer was ripped off and into my spokes.My chainstay was gouged as well.

It was a long way home - 80kms singlespeed with a warped rear wheel.